Campus - Series 1 Page 6

Cheers Ian :)

Glad to help.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ April 6 2011, 11:45 AM BST

Is calling this thread "Campus - Series 1" the most optimistic title for a thread ever?

No, as there's already been Campus - Pilot. ;)

Now I realise why I never got into university: it's not because I'm thick, it's because I need to swear more. :* Rolling eyes

I really enjoyed this. Never saw Green Wing. Maybe I should give it a go. I enjoyed the subtle surrealism and the angry VC. Depsite my earlier comment, there is a slight touch of the Very Peculiar Practice about it. Sort of.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 6 2011, 3:53 PM BST

I really enjoyed this. Never saw Green Wing. Maybe I should give it a go.

Maybe you should.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 6 2011, 3:55 PM BST

Maybe you should.

Well maybe I will! I wonder if there's such a thing as a 'box set' that contains all the episodes? Mmm. Wonder where on Earth I'll find such a product.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 6 2011, 3:57 PM BST

Well maybe I will! I wonder if there's such a thing as a 'box set' that contains all the episodes? Mmm. Wonder where on Earth I'll find such a product.

Don't worry, we at the BCG have the answer.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/green_wing/buy/

The incidental music sounded a lot like the Green Wing incidental music, right?

Quote: Ben @ April 7 2011, 7:39 PM BST

The incidental music sounded a lot like the Green Wing incidental music, right?

Well, it was made by the same man.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 7 2011, 7:53 PM BST

Well, it was made by the same man.

Oh and that's why all of Philip Pope's compositions sound the same, is it?

It's a no from me, Simon.

Where's the hope?
Where's the character with the dream we can root for? (and laugh while it is frustrated, warped, smashed, crapped on etc)

This is just a bunch of sociopaths fighting in a box.

It felt very much Green Wing does University but didn't think the characters were as good. However, this is after the first episode so give it time.

I really like the actor who plays Jonty but not this character. There was a bit too much of the Asian-bashing for my liking. Not necessarily because of the targets but just doing it too many times and also a bit of an overuse of the word 'vagina' in the show.

Did anyone else think the paying the salary twice story was a non-event? Surely, the resolution is to not pay anyone not returning the money next month?

I did like the relationship between the maths teacher and English teacher, but the show was too long for one episode. IMO. Will watch on.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ March 24 2011, 1:11 PM BST

I loved "Green Wing" but really couldn't get into the pilot episode of "Campus", so I'm not entirely sure where I fit in Mr Wolf's classification.

I'd agree 100% ... tried watching Campus but gave up. Didn't laugh once and found it pretty irritating.
Loved Green Wing ... this doesn't bear comparison.

Well, I liked it. Lots of it was the same as the pilot, so I feel like I've only seen one and a half episodes so far. But, that said, it was likeable and funny enough for me to keep watching. And I like the vibe.

Who's that athletic kid though? Two university sitcoms come along and he's in both of them already?

Dan