Sherlock Page 30

Just found out this will be airing here on PBS in October!

Yay!

Don't get too excited Andrea - it's plodding content at it's worst. Nostalgia tip? Possibly (if you are a nerder). But High End Content? Nope.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ August 9 2010, 7:31 PM BST

Yay!

A long wait, but it'll be worth it.

I think it pulled off the use of London locations very well. Looked nice and slick.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ August 9 2010, 7:31 PM BST

Yay!

It's well worth a look, the first and last episode are great.

Nope. The season premiere was plodding and jittery at the same time. The last episode was a lame duck. There is a media driven sense of good will for this - utterly false in actual fact.

I really enjoyed the episode yesterday, certainly better than anything Gatiss has written previously for who. However, it was stupidly obvious that Jim was Moriarty and the brother had killed the sisters boyfriend for the USB stick. Not because of any clever deduction from subtle clues, but because their roles were so small that them being the guilty parties was the only thing that would have made the scenes they appeared in get passed the re-writes and editing chopping board. I also felt the scene when Sherlock was interviewing the wife of the man who was "killed" in the Mazda excruciatingly bad, the dialogue was very awkward.

On the positive, I loved the deduction on the beach when Sherlock was explaining why the painting had to be a fake, by far the best of the series. Episode one and three were great, and I can't wait for more. I hope when it does get renewed, it stays at 9.00pm, a much better time slot than 8.30pm.

Quote: jim field @ August 9 2010, 8:19 PM BST

Nope. The season premiere was plodding and jittery at the same time. The last episode was a lame duck. There is a media driven sense of good will for this - utterly false in actual fact.

Oh do shut up. I liked it because I liked, so did some others. If you disagree you disagree, it doesn't make your opinion any more right than anyone elses.

Quote: Mickeza @ August 9 2010, 8:23 PM BST

However, it was stupidly obvious that Jim was Moriarty

Then I put my hand up as stupid! :D

You're very easy to wind up, aren't you, Matt?

Quote: Ben @ August 9 2010, 8:27 PM BST

You're very easy to wind up, aren't you, Matt?

I'm not wound up, I'm just answering a post. I'm stretched out quite calmly on the couch.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 9 2010, 8:28 PM BST

I'm not wound up, I'm just answering a post. I'm stretched out quite calmly on the couch.

Some would make a joke about a psychiatrist's couch, but not me.

All I know is that I enjoyed it and it kept me entertained (third episode was my least favourite).

I think it's becoming a little absurd. Why would the forger for instance put something in the painting that would make it possible to identify it as a forgery? And are you telling me that some amateur astronomer guy would be the only person to spot this?

Too much deduction and not enough substance. Episode one by far the best for me.

True Roscuff - it is absurd, a programme for MOR units.

Quote: jim field @ August 9 2010, 10:36 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: jim field @ August 9 2010, 10:36 PM BST

*yawn*