Sherlock Page 33

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2010, 1:05 PM BST

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/10/sherlock-second-series-bbc

Woo hoo! Excellent news.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 10 2010, 6:37 PM BST

It was a forgery posing as an undiscovered work

I thought lost rather than undiscovered - although how they knew enough detail of what it looked like in order to make a copy, I'm not certain.

Quote: Aaron @ August 10 2010, 9:04 PM BST

I thought lost rather than undiscovered - although how they knew enough detail of what it looked like in order to make a copy, I'm not certain.

Ah; by lost I thought it was just another way of saying undiscovered. Maybe, maybe not.

This is melting my brain now. Please stop.

All I know is that it was a painting and I couldn't care less if it was a dodgy part of the story or if it had an error or if it was undiscovered, lost or reborn or whatever.

I enjoyed the episode. That will do me.

Quote: Timbo @ August 10 2010, 1:14 PM BST

The problem with the BBC is that they do fine serious drama (Occupation, Blood and Oil, Five Days, Moses Jones)

And they seem to bury them away as if they are a bit embarrassed to show something a bit challenging to the great unwashed on BBC One. Moses Jones for instance was a refreshing change from all the usual cop show clichés and contained one of Dennis Waterman's best performances, it's a pity only about 200 people watched it.

Quote: youngian @ August 11 2010, 1:34 PM BST

Moses Jones for instance was a refreshing change from all the usual cop show clichés and contained one of Dennis Waterman's best performances, it's a pity only about 200 people watched it.

I recall it was oposite a big budget Jack The Ripper drama on ITV which did not help. But I agree it was infinitely superior to formulaic tosh such as Luther that goes out at primetime on BBC One.

And yes it was entertaining to see Waterman subverting his cheeky chappy persona.

Well, this finally aired here last night and I missed it. Got chatting with a long lost relative on the phone and couldn't break away.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 25 2010, 5:02 PM BST

Well, this finally aired here last night and I missed it. Got chatting with a long lost relative on the phone and couldn't break away.

First one's the best one too.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/sherlock/news/a284353/sherlock-creator-denies-hobbit-clash.html

Bloody Gatiss, he's everywhere. ;)

Har.

Still can't believe they only made three of these. There's a lot to be said for adopting the American standard for series length. How did they not realise it would be a hit? Can they not read scripts? (Apart from episode 2, which was a bit rubbish.)

I only recently realised that Moriarty was in in John Adams playing John adams creepy and useless son-in-law. He's definitely growing on me as an actor.

This is back tomorrow, I think. Despite the shortfalls of series one, I'm looking forward to it. Although I hope they do a bit more with Moriarty this time, as he was a bit of a damp squib last time and hardly seemed the effort as a baddie.

I liked Moriarty in that last scene. Looks like, after building up to him appearing, he'll be in it more this time around.

Two great eps, one okay one for me first time around. Good show.

Really looking forward to this. Saw the first three episodes and Dominic Bumbaclart is great as Shylock.

As long as the director stops Monkey Head from doing his gurning to camera bit, then it will be a televisual masterpiece.

On at 8:10 tonight, were the first three much later or did I imagine it?