Sherlock Page 35

Oh, and I felt well smart for a second, as when Sherlock was trying to open the safe, and Adler said she'd told him, I guessed it was her measurements. *smug*

Enjoyed it. (Yup. The bins raised at giggle at Riley Towers as well). I also enjoyed being smug and pre-empting some of the reactions. (Sherlock as the naive lonely man? Check. Moriarty pulling the strings? Check. Sherlock knowing she wasn't dead? Check.)
I think it could be a bit a tighter but then tonight's was broken up by domestic stuff.
However, just a small sense of frustration as has already been mentioned. Moff needs to make a decision. Who or Sherlock. Seeing Sherlock there are glimpses of what Who could be. And isn't.

And its HoundSSSSSS of the Baskerville. I don't know what difference the pluralisation makes as I don't subscribe to RT but I'm sure Mr Gatiss will reveal all.

Quote: KLRiley @ January 1 2012, 10:26 PM GMT

Who or Sherlock. Seeing Sherlock there are glimpses of what Who could be. And isn't.

To be fair he's only written two episodes of Sherlock in about 2 years.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 1 2012, 10:28 PM GMT

To be fair he's only written two episodes of Sherlock in about 2 years.

Would he not re-draft all the other episodes too as executive producer? I know he does on Who, but I have no idea how it works with Sherlock.

Anyway, except for the rather contrived way they resolved the 1st series cliffhanger, I thought the episode was outstanding. Probably would have preferred not knowing that Adler was alive, but I was a wee bit chuffed that I guessed Sherlock had saved her when Mycroft said "Only Sherlock could have fooled me." Only disappointment is there are only two more episodes left.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 1 2012, 10:28 PM GMT

To be fair

Why? Who was on the whole rubbish this year.

Sherlocks roughly equate to film length. Doing three films - whether you've written all the scripts or a mere thirds thirds - is still going to entail a huge amount of production time. Whether it is reasonable for Moff to show run both ... well, I've said my piece.

I loved it all the doubts from the last series have been put to rest. Lots of lovely little touches, I especially liked the sound of the snipers scuttling away in the first scene.

The real improvement was a proper villain that was Sherlock's equal. Lousy villains were a bit of an Achille's heal in my view in series one.

But this held my interests effortlessly for near 2 hours.

Oh and the whole thing was very, very sexy.

But Riley makes a good point. Can anyone man captain 2 flagships?

Quote: KLRiley @ January 1 2012, 10:40 PM GMT

Why? Who was on the whole rubbish this year.

Well, in your opinion, yeah.

Quote: Mickeza @ January 1 2012, 10:38 PM GMT

Would he not re-draft all the other episodes too as executive producer? I know he does on Who, but I have no idea how it works with Sherlock.

Not to the same extent I imagine; especially as one of the other writers is Mark Gatiss, who is also the shows co-head man; it's not just Moffat at the Helm.

Quote: bigfella @ January 1 2012, 10:03 PM GMT

Yes, was great, bit racey for the time slot mind.

Yeah I was a bit embarrassed watching it with my mum. But thank GOD the sex scene between Sherlock and racy tart didn't happen, like it threatened to.

Quote: sootyj @ January 1 2012, 10:47 PM GMT

But Riley makes a good point. Can anyone man captain 2 flagships?

Two man Job Sherlock; Moffat and Gatiss on equal footing.

Well Sherlock certainly isn't suffering!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 1 2012, 10:52 PM GMT

Two man Job Sherlock; Moffat and Gatiss on equal footing.

Granted but I bet it's loads of work.

And Dr Who with it's multiple set changes etc must be an ass load of work to do properly

Ha, Irene Adler is trending, but Sherlock isn't.

Quote: zooo @ January 1 2012, 10:57 PM GMT

Ha, Irene Adler is trending, but Sherlock isn't.

I'd hazard a guess it's trending on Google too! Whistling nnocently

Bunch of dirty bastards.

Sherlock also has the advantage over Who in that it's based, albeit very loosely, on strong source material. With Who Moff has complete free reign, which is perhaps the problem.