Sherlock

Thought we better have a thread for this since it starts Sunday. Looking forward to it a lot.

Wonder who plays Moriarty? Actually, I'd rather not know as I've heard they introduce him in quite a clever way.

Ooh,look at you starting a thread. You've got your mojo back!

Yes, I'm looking forward to this, but unsure as to the involvement of Gatiss. Who does strike me as being a bit of a 'cult TV/film whore'. Is that a rude thing to say? I've no idea at the moment.

He's a Victorian fiction/culture obsessive.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 21 2010, 1:51 PM BST

Ooh,look at you starting a thread. You've got your mojo back!

Yes, I'm looking forward to this, but unsure as to the involvement of Gatiss. Who does strike me as being a bit of a 'cult TV/film whore'. Is that a rude thing to say? I've no idea at the moment.

Yeah, I can take Gatiss or leave him. Not sure he's done anything spectacular on his own.

Incidentally, I've never seen Moffat's Jekyl. Is that any good? I might get it, it's only a fiver.

Quote: zooo @ July 21 2010, 1:53 PM BST

He's a Victorian fiction/culture obsessive.

Lucky geek boy.

I too am looking forward to this.

Quote: chipolata @ July 21 2010, 1:53 PM BST

Yeah, I can take Gatiss or leave him. Not sure he's done anything spectacular on his own.

Incidentally, I've never seen Moffat's Jekyl. Is that any good? I might get it, it's only a fiver.

Dunno, I never bothered with it. Perhaps somebody can put both of us right on this matter.

I don't understand the premise.
It's set now, in London.
But is Sherlock from the past? From now? Or what.

I watched Jekyll, it was entertaining enough, I remember liking it. But some could probably find it a bit laughable and tacky.

Quote: zooo @ July 21 2010, 1:57 PM BST

I don't understand the premise.
It's set now, in London.
But is Sherlock from the past? From now? Or what.

It's a modern day Sherlock. So he was born and bred today.

Quote: bigfella @ July 21 2010, 1:54 PM BST

I too am looking forward to the BBC remake of Around the world with Willy Fog with Lenny Henry as Fogg, Dawn French as the hot airballoon and some funny foriegn as Passerpeto

You're just making that up!

Quote: chipolata @ July 21 2010, 1:58 PM BST

It's a modern day Sherlock. So he was born and bred today.

Ah okay, thanks.

Apparently, there's quite a lot of text-messaging involved. How terribly modern.

Th gms a4t

That might just be predictive scripting!

What's that you say Watson, the gums are where?