Sherlock Page 2

I've written a modern version where he's constipated, called "No Shit Sherlock".

Looking forward to this after hearing favourable reviews on Radio 4's "Front Row" last night

It's odd it's set in the modern age considering Gatiss' love for all things Victorian/Edwardian, but perhaps he's saving that for Lucifer Box (please god, someone adapt those) Looking forward to it though.

Quote: chipolata @ July 21 2010, 1:58 PM BST

It's a modern day Sherlock. So he was born and bred today.

Precocious or what?

Quote: chipolata @ July 21 2010, 1:53 PM BST

Incidentally, I've never seen Moffat's Jekyl. Is that any good? I might get it, it's only a fiver.

It was good; though slightly undermined, to my mind, by the fact he was never THAT evil as Hyde.

I know someone who should appear briefly in episode one. If he makes the cut, some of you may recognise him too!

Quote: zooo @ July 21 2010, 1:57 PM BST

I don't understand the premise.
It's set now, in London.
But is Sherlock from the past? From now? Or what.

Ha, why would he be from the past?! How did that thought pop up? I dunno; chicks.

Shut up you!

In the trailer I saw he seemed to be dressed like the traditional old Sherlock and talking in an old fashioned way. And from the pics I'd seen before that I had assumed it was set in Victorian times. So when the Gherkin rocked up in the TV ad I didn't know what the hell was going on.

I'm a massive Holmes fan. Loved the books. Loved the films starring Basil Rathbone. Loved the TV show starring Peter Cushing. Loved the Jeremy Brett series. Loved Rupert Everett as Holmes. Still yet not seen the film that came out this year, but will definetly be giving this a watch.

I'm looking forward to the show even though I know very little about it.

Unfortunately, I'll be out Sunday evening, so shall have to catch it on iPlayer.

Quote: zooo @ July 21 2010, 7:48 PM BST

In the trailer I saw he seemed to be dressed like the traditional old Sherlock and talking in an old fashioned way. And from the pics I'd seen before that I had assumed it was set in Victorian times. So when the Gherkin rocked up in the TV ad I didn't know what the hell was going on.

?

Cummerbund and Freeman were on Andrew Marr this morning discussing this. Looks quite funny too.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 21 2010, 7:47 PM BST

I'm know someone who should appear briefly in episode one. If he makes the cut, some of you may recognise him too!

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 21 2010, 8:11 PM BST

I'm a massive Holmes fan. Loved the books. Loved the films starring Basil Rathbone. Loved the TV show starring Peter Cushing. Loved the Jeremy Brett series. Loved Rupert Everett as Holmes. Still yet not seen the film that came out this year, but will definetly be giving this a watch.

I too love all things Sherlockian and went to see the new Sherlock Holmes film not expecting very much, but it was excellent.

Quote: Will Cam @ July 25 2010, 11:31 AM BST

I too love all things Sherlockian and went to see the new Sherlock Holmes film not expecting very much, but it was excellent.

Yes, considering Guy "Facking cant" Ritchie was at the helm, it was a great film, lots of fun.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ July 25 2010, 11:58 AM BST

Yes, considering Guy "Facking cant" Ritchie was at the helm, it was a great film, lots of fun.

I don't think Ritchie wrote the script, that's why it worked quite well.

I didn't like the film. Too much kung fu for my liking.

Quote: Ben @ July 25 2010, 11:09 AM BST

Whistling nnocently

Are we saying that Ben is in this?

Quote: bigfella @ July 25 2010, 6:11 PM BST

Are we saying that Ben is in this?

Ha! Nope.