Sherlock Page 11

Quote: Marc P @ July 27 2010, 10:05 AM BST

It was extremely well directed.

You didn't like it, Marc?

Quote: Griff @ July 27 2010, 10:06 AM BST

*throws television in skip*

:D

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2010, 7:34 PM BST

So Steve Thompson wrote episode 2, who doesn't seem to have written anything else. And Gatiss wrote episode 3.

Books thread for episode 3 slagging. ;)

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 27 2010, 10:14 AM BST

Books thread for episode 3 slagging. ;)

Talking of slagging, when are your sketches on RFTP? ;)

I liked it.

Quote: chipolata @ July 27 2010, 10:17 AM BST

Talking of slagging, when are your sketches on RFTP? ;)

My one sketch, you mean? Dunno. They haven't said yet.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 27 2010, 10:18 AM BST

My one sketch, you mean? Dunno. They haven't said yet.

I'm looking forward to it. Seeing if you can transfer the "Lucas BCG magic" to another medium.

Quote: chipolata @ July 27 2010, 10:09 AM BST

You didn't like it, Marc?

:D

No I liked it, very Doctor Sherlock Who may have gone to school with Jonathan Creek. Story was a little weak for an hour and a half perhaps but it was carried by great performances a witty script and great performances. Stretched the old willimg suspension bit with the pills in the bottles set piece - went on a bit too long perhaps? Will look forward to watching the others. Preferred it to the Film one - but not the Gene Wilder one :) Well done for taking a different take on it. Loved Una Stubbs saying 18 times there's a cab for you Sherlock and then when he goes everyone says where has he gone? Which for my mind was Moffat having fun with the genre and putting a bit of comedy in to allow for the aforementioned COleridge quote... etc.

Quote: chipolata @ July 27 2010, 10:23 AM BST

I'm looking forward to it. Seeing if you can transfer the "Lucas BCG magic" to another medium.

Meeeooow!!! ;)

Can we now get back on thread variously praising/slagging/not watching Sherlock please? Thank you.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 27 2010, 10:25 AM BST

Meeeooow!!! ;)

I am looking forward to it!

Quote: chipolata @ July 27 2010, 10:27 AM BST

I am looking forward to it!

Yeah, me too!

Quote: Marc P @ July 27 2010, 10:24 AM BST

No I liked it, very Doctor Sherlock Who may have gone to school with Jonathan Creek. Story was a little weak for an hour and a half perhaps but it was carried by great performances a witty script and great performances. Stretched the old willimg suspension bit with the pills in the bottles set piece - went on a bit too long perhaps?

Yes, the pills finale wasn't quite what I'd hoped. I wanted to see Sherlock outsmart the killer and force him into killing himself.

Did I mention the great performances? Laughing out loud

I forgot Jonathon Creek that was ace

Quote: sootyj @ July 27 2010, 10:35 AM BST

I forgot Jonathon Creek that was ace

I had noticed it before but I think it was the curly hair thaty made me realise that in it's way JC was a modern take on SH. The genius amateur with a logical mind, once you have eliminated etc, mix in a bit of comedy and ta dah.

And I bet it was talked about alot but in Sherlock he still should have said 'the games afoot' The game is on - jumped out at me like a particularly ugly clown from a birthday cake. I'd love to know what the discussions were on that one.

:)

Quote: Marc P @ July 27 2010, 10:38 AM BST

And I bet it was talked about alot but in Sherlock he still should have said 'the games afoot' The game is on - jumped out at me like a particularly ugly clown from a birthday cake. I'd love to know what the discussions were on that one.

:)

They must have thought nobody would know what afoot was nowadays. Which is a bit daft.