Sherlock Page 9

Quote: sootyj @ July 26 2010, 10:20 PM BST

I watched and I may use my time machine to go back in time and save myself from watching it.

You're weird.

I'm not a weird I may have a time machine.
I also like an old testament prophet am only truly impassioned in the presence of those who are so blind they can not see.

Quote: sootyj @ July 26 2010, 10:25 PM BST

I'm not a weird I may have a time machine. I also like an old testament prophet am only truly impassioned in the presence of those who are so blind they can not see.

What British detective shows have you liked, Soot?

Life on Mars, Sherlock Holmes (original version), The Sweeney, Van der Valk.

Not many.

I like Columbo though.

Just to check, Sooty, is this one of those times you lie about your opinion for the funs, or did you genuinely hate Sherlock?

:)

Quote: sootyj @ July 26 2010, 10:25 PM BST

I also like an old testament prophet am only truly impassioned in the presence of those who are so blind they can not see.

You seem unable to entertain the notion that others may have enjoyed something you didn't. It's weird.

Quote: Griff @ July 26 2010, 10:30 PM BST

Doesn't appeal to me. I'm a big fan of the original books. If I want my fix of Sherlock I'll watch Jeremy Brett on ITV3.

Right. It does seem odd to me, if you are a fan, that you wouldn't be curious to look, but fair enough.

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2010, 10:31 PM BST

Just to check, Sooty, is this one of those times you lie about your opinion for the funs, or did you genuinely hate Sherlock?

:)

I never lie.

I sincerely believe everything I say.

Except when I don't.

Honestly though I think you've all been hypnotised by Derren Brown or something.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 26 2010, 10:32 PM BST

You seem unable to entertain the notion that others may have enjoyed something you didn't. It's weird.

Oh no Stott I except people like all manner of televisual excretia.

It's more the joyous moment of certainty in my rightness and poverty of other people's views.

Like Darwin or Galileo had.

Quote: Griff @ July 26 2010, 10:34 PM BST

My main problem, is that over the last decade or so, the BBC have so eroded my confidence in their ability to produce anything other than the dullest of "dramas", that it's unlikely I'll ever bother watching a new BBC drama again. I genuinely can't think of the last one I was excited by.

Did you watch the third series of Torchwood yet? That was good.

Quote: Griff @ July 26 2010, 10:34 PM BST

My main problem, is that over the last decade or so, the BBC have so eroded my confidence in their ability to produce anything other than the dullest of "dramas", that it's unlikely I'll ever bother watching a new BBC drama again. I genuinely can't think of the last one I was excited by.

Except for an oh so rare gem. Like The Street or CLocking Off or Dr Who.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 26 2010, 10:36 PM BST

Did you watch the third series of Torchwood yet? That was good.

Well yes that was good especially how it played with the form.

And I rewatched the last 3 episodes of Tennant Dr Who, surprisngly good it was.

Griff you have a tremendous purity of vision.

Albeit I thought Royal Flash the movie was dreadful.

Quote: Griff @ July 26 2010, 10:38 PM BST

No. I can't bear the idea, having seen series one.

But series three is nothing like one, really; it's what everyone was hoping Torchwood would be when first announced; it was brilliant, and brave and just completely gripping. It's well worth a watch; if you haven't watched it since that juvenile first series, I think yoiu'll find yourself more than pleasently surprised.

If there's one great thing about the bloody awful Shit-cock is it's tempted the estimable Griff back.

Quote: sootyj @ July 26 2010, 10:30 PM BST

Life on Mars, Sherlock Holmes (original version), The Sweeney, Van der Valk. Not many. I like Columbo though.

So you're not a fan of detective shows in the same way you are of sci fi shows.

You said UK ones cheeky. I loved Monk, Mentalist, Murder she Wrote, Diagnosis Murder, Remington Steele, Jake and the Fatman, COlumbo oh sweet sweet COlumbo.