Newsjack - Series 3 Page 25

Quote: CKY88 @ July 5 2010, 1:29 PM BST

This may be a stupid question but does an attempt at a Miles intro come under a sketch so has to be in before 12 today or is it just a collection of one liners so is therefore due in before 5 tomorrow

The only Miles intros they want are for your own sketches - i.e it's part of your sketch so deadline was earlier. The only quickies they want are vox pops and corrections. They don't want one-liners that don't fit these formats.

Ok thanks badge :)

Quote: CKY88 @ July 5 2010, 1:29 PM BST

This may be a stupid question but does an attempt at a Miles intro come under a sketch so has to be in before 12 today or is it just a collection of one liners so is therefore due in before 5 tomorrow

I wrote a Miles-intro sketch this week (mine was mainly about "The Times" paywall) and send it as one of my three sketches.

By the way, good to be chatting to a fellow media student.

Bit of a disaster this week as I only sent one sketch in. I wasnt all that happy with it either but I just sent it anyway - maybe one of you guys (or gals) could give some pointers with it? Writing sketches is new to me so I am still very much trying to find my feet.

I did send 5 vox pops in at 12.30 so I am sure they will go straight to the in (laptop behaved more like a lap dog)

Angry

Anybody going along to the recording tonight? Good to know what sort of stuff they chose

Stick your sketch in the 'Critique' forum -- plenty of NJ examples (most of them start 'NJ:' so they're easy to spot. You'll get some feedback there (and feel free to offer opinion on others). The feedback on a lot of the sketches is sometimes more general for Newsjack so most of them should give you good guidance for what you're aiming for.

Dan

I've just sent my vox pops for the week. I've written 16 for the forthcoming edition, which is the most I've written for a single show.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 6 2010, 10:19 AM BST

By the way, good to be chatting to a fellow media student.

Nip down the local jobcentre, you'll find plenty more to chat with. Pleased

They would, if everybody there hadn't been made redundant.

Dan

No voxpops for me this week.

I thought of a good one about the Police Killer running around Newcastle but then thought.....no way is that going to get on.

I've done 1 vox pop. That's taken it out of me.

BTW, on the Newsjack twitter they've now made it clear that they ARE looking for one liner submissions for the 'archive hour' bit that comes after the credits alongside vox pops and corrections.

Cheers for sharing this ABS but the way I read it, is that it's a sketch you should consider, not one liners?

Hmm, I see your point. I only read it quickly. I'd say couldn't harm to try either way!

Quote: swerytd @ July 6 2010, 3:39 PM BST

They would, if everybody there hadn't been made redundant.

Dan

Nice one. Did you send it in?

Nah -- I pretty much plaigerised that from 'Critique'. From a suggestion by myself.

Dan