The Life And Times Of Vivienne Vyle Page 16

Quote: David Chapman @ July 15 2008, 7:47 PM BST

Look - as I've said before - I don't like it and I don't find it funny.

Why are there always new people coming on trying to defend her?

OK - she might be a nice person and all these people who come on here might be her friends but nobody else seems to take things so personally.

Come on Jennifer - own up. We don't hate you - we just don't think your work is good enough to be commissioned time after time.

Have you had anything commissioned?

Quote: matt insley @ December 1 2008, 4:48 PM GMT

You don't need to have something commissioned to give a viewer's opinion.

Quote: matt insley @ December 1 2008, 4:48 PM GMT

No - I've said that before - but once you're in there it seems you can sell them any old crap.

Quote: David Chapman @ December 1 2008, 8:27 PM GMT

No - I've said that before - but once you're in there it seems you can sell them any old crap.

Not always.

:(

Quote: David Chapman @ December 1 2008, 8:27 PM GMT

Well, it seems the creator of My Family just had a sitcom yanked form BBC (After You've Gone), so I'm not sure where you point stands.

Quote: Marc P @ December 1 2008, 8:29 PM GMT

Not always.

:(

Don't worry, Marc. Your day will come and you too can sell them any old crap. I believe in you. :)

Cheers Chip. I better start working on some I spose just in case.

Quote: Marc P @ December 2 2008, 9:46 AM GMT

Cheers Chip. I better start working on some I spose just in case.

Adapt your serial killer novel into an ITV1 vehicle and send it to Jerome Flynn.

I know it would be good because I like Jennifer Saunders and so that's why I like The Life and Times Of Vivienne Vyle. Can't wait for season 2 to be "aired".

Quote: Talbot Dave @ January 26 2009, 6:28 PM GMT

I know it would be good because I like Jennifer Saunders and so that's why I like The Life and Times Of Vivienne Vyle. Can't wait for season 2 to be "aired".

Oh no! God preserve us!

Ha. I find it a bit of a disgrace for people to cite Jennifer Saunders as a loud-mouthed attention seeker! For goodness sake this woman has won a BAFTA AND Emmys. People are entitled to their own opinions on different things, and Vivienne Vyle may not have been everyone's favourite character, but there is no need to diminish Jennifer as a person! This isn't her best show, but it isn't unwatchable and I do find myself laughing at bits throughout the shows. Have a bit of compassion people!

Oh and I know I am defending Jennifer and David Chapman says... but you, sire, seem like a prick :) I think this show is alright actually

I love that this thread is revived once every 12 months by a Jennifer Saunders fan! :)

Quote: Donna123 @ July 4 2010, 12:13 PM BST

Oh and I know I am defending Jennifer and David Chapman says... but you, sire, seem like a prick :)

There's no need for personal insults. Particularly hypocritical when you've come here just to defend someone else.

Quote: Chappers @ December 2 2008, 2:27 AM BST

People may disagree with this and cite examples to the contrary but why does it just seem to ring so true? The key word he uses is 'seems' and it has seemed like this to me for years, look how many bad sitcom spinoffs there have been just because of the reputation of the original. And look at most recent TV drama and sitcom creators and they all seem to be workng on a new commission whether their last prog was good or not (Two Pints Of Lager et al).

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 4 2010, 12:58 PM BST

And look at most recent TV drama and sitcom creators and they all seem to be workng on a new commission whether their last prog was good or not (Two Pints Of Lager et al).

Well, of course you're going to find yourself with a few more opportunities if you actually get something broadcast.