You Have Been Watching - Series 2 Page 7

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 3 2010, 10:14 AM BST

Bugger. That's a point. It's bloody hard work avoiding Lost spoilers. There was a little spoiler in this weeks Radio Times, so don't go anywhere near that.

Actually, I have a feeling it's another special tonight. So they might not do it. In fact this series hasn't covered much "current" telly at all. Fingers crossed.

Quote: chipolata @ June 3 2010, 10:18 AM BST

Actually, I have a feeling it's another special tonight. So they might not do it. In fact this series hasn't covered much "current" telly at all. Fingers crossed.

Actually, yes, it's a Crime special.

He's just Tweeted that they've postponed tonight's episode given recent events, and a 'different' episode will be screened.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 3 2010, 5:46 PM BST

He's just Tweeted that they've postponed tonight's episode given recent events, and a 'different' episode will be screened.

:(

I hope it's the election night one. I haven't seen that.

"A different YHBW special will air tonight." Is all he's said.

Anybody heard if and when the postponed 'Crime' special that was supposed to end the series is going to be broadcast?

Saw a lil bit of the replacement episode(from series 1)and it was interesting to see quite how much Charlie has relaxed into it in the second series. And he was at the Baftas the other night. Mr bloody showbiz!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 8 2010, 1:37 PM BST

Saw a lil bit of the replacement episode(from series 1)and it was interesting to see quite how much Charlie has relaxed into it in the second series.

I thought that too. And that he has better hair now.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 8 2010, 1:43 PM BST

I thought that too. And that he has better hair now.

*tee hee - Charlie's got a stylist, the media bloody sellout*

I notice his 'TV Go Home Book' is getting a reissue as well.

Sellout is a good word for how I feel about Brooker now. It seems he's now in with all of the media wankery that he used to profess to object to. I don't really get him anymore.

I don't think he's gone just yet, but since this show he's certainly been getting into a bit of a clique (Mitchell, Coren).

All perfectly forgiveable as long as he does more Newswipe.

Screenwipe's better than Newswipe.

Whilst all of this is true. He points out himself the irony of it all quite a bit on old Screenwipes.

He's still funny as feck, that's all that matters. And given half a chance, we'd all sell out.

Quote: chipolata @ June 8 2010, 2:47 PM BST

He's still funny as feck, that's all that matters. And given half a chance, we'd all sell out.

I wouldn't. I'd be radical till the last.

Or...I'd totally sell out.

Couldn't agree with you guys more (God, I wish I could work out how to do those quote things). I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking that.

On the other hand - give the guy a break. This year you're hot, next year you're not, and you've got to make the money while you can. It's not like there's a career ladder with a pension at the end.

I suspect Screenwipe/ Newswipe are where he stores his TV conscience while the rest pay off the mortgage. Nice to see they haven't started flagging yet.