You Have Been Watching - Series 2 Page 2

Quote: chipolata @ April 16 2010, 9:37 AM BST

Perhaps he'll have a different "comedy do" each episode. Next week, dreads, the week after that, a perm.

I wonder if he's got a lady at home, giving him dodgy fashion advice?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 16 2010, 9:42 AM BST

I wonder if he's got a lady at home, giving him dodgy fashion advice?

I don't like to think of Brooker with ladies. Happiness will blunt him.

I didn't notice the hair.

I did notice the laughter turned up at moments (especially the clips/reports) that made it sound artificial and - dare I say it - it struck me as the sort of thing that would be slated on Screenwipe.

I still liked it though. And Liza Tarbuck is pretty much excellent on everything, so please telly producers, give us more Tarbuck*.

*excludes Jimmy.

My first impression was that Charlie seemed far too comfortable in his own skin. He seemed to lack the nervous energy that has characterised his previous TV performances.

To turn up with that haircut and to not even apologise or look embarrassed? That's not the Brooker I remember.

When I saw this I thought I was being Rick-rolled.

The problem I find with You Have Been Watching - as much as I enjoy it - is I am always wishing it were an episode of Screenwipe instead.

Quote: miss jaffacake @ April 17 2010, 2:00 PM BST

The problem I find with You Have Been Watching - as much as I enjoy it - is I am always wishing it were an episode of Screenwipe instead.

This. Screenwipe was always my favourite of the _wipes so I'm a bit miffed that YHBW seems to be replacing it. I still like YHBW but Charlie can't be as vitriolic, and I miss that. :D

My problem with You Have Been Watching is the studio audience. Many of the best jokes are often glossed over whereas the more mundane, general appeal jokes are met with applause, whooping and general overenthusiasm. I'm not saying that the audience should be given IQ and personality tests before they get tickets but... no wait, that's exactly what I'm saying. And BCG members should all get priority tickets... and complimentary back rubs... and croquet mallets to clout anyone who laughs overzealously at a simple knob gag.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ April 17 2010, 2:17 PM BST

I still like YHBW but Charlie can't be as vitriolic, and I miss that. :D

I guess that is what happens when you start working with other humans!

Episode 2 tonight, with a guest list including Jason Manford, who I can't say I'm a big fan of. I wonder if he'll do swearing in order to appear all hard and cool in front of Charlie?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 22 2010, 3:15 PM BST

I guess that is what happens when you start working with other humans!

Episode 2 tonight, with a guest list including Jason Manford, who I can't say I'm a big fan of. I wonder if he'll do swearing in order to appear all hard and cool in front of Charlie?

I think it's far too late for Manford to try to appear cool. http://www.ambassadortickets.com/849/663/Stoke-On-Trent/Victoria-Hall/Jason-Manford

Crace! Laughing out loud

Very enjoyable, especially the America's Next Top Model segment.

I Hate Iceland!
:D
Why is Charlie Brooker wearing a Toupe?

Quote: chipolata @ April 22 2010, 10:52 PM BST

Very enjoyable, especially the America's Next Top Model segment.

I loved Tyra Banks going mad at that contestant who refused to cry because she'd been kicked out. She was going bloody mental! :D

Good stuff from easily the best panel show on TV at the moment. Although Lauren Laverne was the weak link in the human centipede that was the panel.

:D

Great stuff, and I loved his Doctor Who rant.