You Have Been Watching - Series 2 Page 8

Sell out? What? Bollocks.

Quote: chipolata @ June 8 2010, 2:47 PM BST

He's still funny as feck, that's all that matters. And given half a chance, we'd all sell out.

Yes.

He's having a showbiz wedding now. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1285111/Konnie-Huq-marry-Charlie-Brooker-unlikely-showbiz-wedding.html

Awww, nice.

The boy done good. Huq nice. And at least it wasn't Ashleyne from Big Brother.

Funny when they were critising The Swan on the show the other day I was thinking "yeah, but I bet you have a very pretty girlfriend." And it seems I was right.

The guests were slagging off the premise of the show where women undergo cosmetic surgery and have their looks picked apart - fair enough, it's a horrible programme - yet then proceeded to take the piss out of the women's looks themselves and a person featured in another programme they discussed!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 9 2010, 9:28 AM BST

Funny when they were critising The Swan on the show the other day I was thinking "yeah, but I bet you have a very pretty girlfriend." And it seems I was right. The guests were slagging off the premise of the show where women undergo cosmetic surgery and have their looks picked apart - fair enough, it's a horrible programme - yet then proceeded to take the piss out of the women's looks themselves and a person featured in another programme they discussed!

Yes. And Charlie's constant references to how his life is a roundabout of pain and misery don't really ring true anymore.

I still like him, and he's funny which is the main thing. He's no model himself and often takes the piss out of his own looks too.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 9 2010, 9:35 AM BST

I still like him, and he's funny which is the main thing. He's no model himself and often takes the piss out of his own looks too.

Same here. He talks much sense - although I think he looks perfectly ok, just crazy hair sometimes. I think they make a nice couple.

Quote: chipolata @ June 9 2010, 9:33 AM BST

Yes. And Charlie's constant references to how his life is a roundabout of pain and misery don't really ring true anymore.

Ha!

Lots of us are guilty of the 'life's shit' thing when it isn't really. Moaning and ranting can be fun and funny.

Oh yes, and as already mentioned Brooker's still funny. That's the main thing.

Quote: chipolata @ June 9 2010, 9:33 AM BST

I dunno, have you heard her voice? Imagine that in your ear all day.

Earplugs?

I'd be interested to see if he ever takes the piss out of her Xtra Factor show, once she starts. ;)

Konnie Huq? Bleedin' blimey! That explains a lot. Well good for him. The counter culture Charlie of old is gone and I'm sure he's bloody pleased about it.

Can we now please decide what their 'couple' name is?

ChaKonn? Chuq?

Huqker :)

Brooker. Huq.

As much as I love Brooker, I can't help but feel mainly uncontrollable jealousy.

F**ker. I've gone right off him now.

And... more interestingly, why would somebody as pretty and stylish as Huq allow Brooker out of the house with that haircut?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 9 2010, 11:50 AM BST

As much as I love Brooker, I can't help but feel mainly uncontrollable jealousy.

F**ker. I've gone right off him now.

And... more interestingly, why would somebody as pretty and stylish as Huq allow Brooker out of the house with that haircut?

Laughing out loud

His hair IS terrible at the moment.