Bottom Page 4

Quote: Badvoc @ March 19 2009, 1:45 PM GMT

Rik's resumé is actually more interesting. He displayed several previously hidden sides to his talent in his Rik Mayall Presents series of plays in the early 1990s (which I still have somewhere)

It was released on DVD in 2006. :)

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1124709/-/Product.html]
[h=557205]

I absolutely adore Bottom. :)

I laugh just looking at the pair of them.

And that frying pan scene has me in stitches every time.

They'd definitely got the chemistry right, after "practicing" in Young Ones and Filthy.

I think my fave episode is the one where they're stuck on that big wheel.

I must admit I like Bottom myself as does my friend. It was the first Rik Mayall thing I got into, closely followed by The Young Ones, New Statesman and Kevin Turvey. I also have Bring Me The Head Of Mavis Davis on video, a much underrated film IMO.

I own Filthy Rich And Catflap as well. I spent ages tracking them down on video and then it was released on DVD. Angry

Absolutely brilliant, probably one of my favourite sitcoms ever.

Richie: Oh, I love carnival time! Look at that policeman over there!
Eddie: Which one?
Richie: The one jumping up and down, waving his arms.
Eddie: The one that's on fire?

Quote: Maurice Minor @ March 12 2009, 5:26 PM GMT

Anybody else like this? Or is it viewed in a similar way to 2 Pints....?

I didn't read all the way through the thread, but I have to ask. How, exactly, is 2 pints viewed?

Quote: deckard @ March 5 2010, 11:36 PM GMT

I didn't read all the way through the thread, but I have to ask. How, exactly, is 2 pints viewed?

Not that favourably.

Through the bottom of a glass.

I have always wanted to watch it, are you telling me I shouldn't waste my time?

I don't mind it, It can be funny, but don't expect a classic.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ May 12 2009, 4:04 AM GMT

I absolutely adore Bottom.

And the earring suddenly clicked into place... :D

I watched all of Bottom (for the first time) on DVD in a single sitting a few years ago. It was almost like watching The Young Ones again, but without Neil and Mike (although Chris Ryan did appear in an episode or two) and without the nostalgia. Probably best enjoyed as a teenager. Or with giggly friends and drugs. Slightly easier than sitting through the entire Comic Strip Presents DVD set, though fewer highs and lows.

Only caught a couple of them first time round but have seen a few since and I think it's a bit of a masterpiece sitcom, definitely in my top ten sitcoms list now, it's not just stupid, it is breathtakingly stupid, which takes great skill. Rik Mayall is simply one of the greatest comedy actors we have ever produced on these shores, he's up in the same league as Frankie Howerd definitely, just one division behind Peter Sellers. I like Lee Evans but he isn't a millionth as funny as Mayall, and yet Evans gets the big film roles. Is Mayall's act too stupid to be given the kudos it deserves? I ask myself. Why are other less gifted performers given more credibility than Rik Mayall? There should be a campaign to get the man recognised for the comedy genius he is. The man is a natural, I mean, who else could run over their own head, for God's sake? Mayall is our greatest living comedian, end of.

I love it, but most hate it.

Having seen bits and bobs of the series over the years I have finally started watching the whole series and have so far watched the first three episodes with the box set of all the live stage shows and the film lined up next. Always love Rik Mayall in everything he's done particularly in The New Statesman. I just love the chemistry between Rik and Ade and how at home they are in character. I'm hoping myself and my comedy partner will have this style of relationship when we shoot our sitcom and perform our live stage show.