Bottom Page 11

I can't fathom the love for this shoddy, crappy, throwaway, looks-like-it-was-knocked-out-in-one-wankend-over-a-crate-of-Special-Brew-and-3745-packets-of fags puddle of pooh. To add incest to injury, it's regularly mentioned in the same breath as The Young Ones, which is the greatest series since the beginning of time. I checked. Crud.

Series one and two were ok but series three is like a steaming pile of cattle business. The first two series were better than not having something with Rik and Ade on TV.

I saw the first Bottom live tour and it was disappointing to see that all the alleged "improvisation" and "bloopers" on the live tour were all part of the script. You could call it creative but also deceiving. I worked for a theatre company that set up in front of the Bottom set at a theatre while Rik and Ade were backstage but I wasn't working that day which I blame on that total bastard Eddie Hitler.

The Young Ones to Bottom is Abbey Road to Wings Wild Life. Sad, sad, sad.

Bottom isn't a continuation of The Young Ones so comparing the two is like comparing Happy Families to Bottom. Some episodes are very funny and Rik especially really stands out with all the close up facial shots.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 5th December 2020, 5:15 PM

Series one and two were ok but series three is like a steaming pile of cattle business. The first two series were better than not having something with Rik and Ade on TV.

I saw the first Bottom live tour and it was disappointing to see that all the alleged "improvisation" and "bloopers" on the live tour were all part of the script. You could call it creative but also deceiving. I worked for a theatre company that set up in front of the Bottom set at a theatre while Rik and Ade were backstage but I wasn't working that day which I blame on that total bastard Eddie Hitler.

I don't think it's any more deceiving than a stand up comic relaying the same set with the same timing night after night. It's craft. If a line tears the roof off, of course they're going to use it again!

Does anyone else watch the Holy episode every year around Christmas?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 5th December 2020, 9:42 PM

Bottom isn't a continuation of The Young Ones so comparing the two is like comparing Happy Families to Bottom. Some episodes are very funny and Rik especially really stands out with all the close up facial shots.

I could argue that Bottom is a continuation of the Young Ones. Or I could shut the f**k up about this useless pile of total shit that came out years ago and even then it was f**king awful.
Happy Families was awesome because it wasn't trying to repeat the formula, unlike Filthy Rich and C**tflap, which was fairly dire.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 6th December 2020, 8:22 AM

I don't think it's any more deceiving than a stand up comic relaying the same set with the same timing night after night. It's craft. If a line tears the roof off, of course they're going to use it again

Yes.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 6th December 2020, 8:22 AM

Does anyone else watch the Holy episode every year around Christmas?

No. Haven't we suffered enough already this year?

'Holy' is excellent!

Anyway personally I really like the Young Ones but Bottom has far more laugh out loud moments

Holy shit. (Jesus soils his first nappy.)

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th December 2020, 12:37 PM

'Holy' is excellent!

Anyway personally I really like the Young Ones but Bottom has far more laugh out loud moments

Eddie drinks all the Christmas booze so Richie forces everyone to drink gravy Laughing out loud

Vodka margerine!

One potato or two? Two please. No. One.

Rik Mayall is always brilliant but I think Holy is one if his finest moments. That and the fall down the stairs in Carnival. Perfection.

No comment.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 6th December 2020, 7:55 PM

No comment.

That's a comment.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 6th December 2020, 7:30 PM

One potato or two? Two please. No. One.

Rik Mayall is always brilliant but I think Holy is one if his finest moments. That and the fall down the stairs in carnival. Perfection.

I was going to mention the fall down the stairs and ending up face first in the toilet. His face as he trips is priceless. I want to make a GIF of that moment he falls.

Steve O'Donnell is the cherub in the Eurythmics video for There's An Angel In My Heart. I was convinced it was him so asked in a facebook group and it got spotted by someone who knows Steve and asked him to confirm.

He was also the face of Sega in the early nineties

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wmqRoPhH-Hw

And guess who Nintendo had..?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rui6RG_wY1Q

Laughing out loud

Brilliant how have I not seen any of those Rik Mayall adverts before? Hi, I'm Nigel Mansell Laughing out loud