Bottom Page 2

Possibly, but there is a degree of wit in Bottom that is sadly lacking in Two Pints.

I love this programme, but I would never ever admit it to anybody in the whole wide world.

Christmas special, vodka margarine, etc.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 12 2009, 2:26 PM GMT

Possibly, but there is a degree of wit in Bottom that is sadly lacking in Two Pints.

As a fan of both, I disagree. But then that's the subjectiveness of comedy I suppose. :)

Quote: Aaron @ March 12 2009, 1:56 PM GMT

Very good observation. The double-standards around here based on writers and performers never cease to astound me.

I would say Bottom is in a totally different league to Two Pints. Yes, they both have a lot of 'low brow' or gross stuff, but that doesn't mean you can't like one and dislike the other, because they are, in reality, very different shows.

Quote: Aaron @ March 12 2009, 2:22 PM GMT

"A ridiculous, far-fetched programme fuelled by toilet-humour and immaturity."

Applies to both, and is exactly the criticisms thrown at Two Pints.

Yes, but Bottom does it well, IMO; Two Pints does not. It's got nothing to do with double standards, that's just silly.

If we forget about the relative merits of either show for a moment, I would say they are different beasts in that Bottom has a more cartoon violent element, something that Two Pints doesn't have (although often inspires in viewers).

Bottom had some great lines in it.

"Some tribes swear by this"
"Yeah, they say what the bloody hell is this shit I'm drinking"

I think that Bottom is definitely a better show than Two Pints.
But It's not really my cup of tea, and I'd probably watch Two Pints given the choice.

I'm really diggin ...Catflap... at the moment. Two guys living in a flat together, one called Eddie, one called Richie and who wears his pj bottoms way-up over the pj top...it could be either couldn't it?

Another favourite scene of mine. This must win the award for the most vicious beating ever in a sitcom. Utterly marvellous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLvS_w9gy8g&feature=related

It's funny how Bottom polarizes people. A producer once asked me what my favourite comedies were and when I mentioned Bottom she looked at me like I'd just farted. Teary

Maybe I had!

I didn't mind Bottom too much when it was first on, & it is quite funny.
I think what puts me off is how horrible both characters are, they have no redeeming features, but I suppose that's half the point.

Oh and it was set in Hammersmith which was good as well.

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 12 2009, 6:33 PM GMT

Another favourite scene of mine. This must win the award for the most vicious beating ever in a sitcom. Utterly marvellous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLvS_w9gy8g&feature=related

It's funny how Bottom polarizes people. A producer once asked me what my favourite comedies were and when I mentioned Bottom she looked at me like I'd just farted. Teary

Maybe I had!

Maybe she asked "Where's that shit from?" and you just went "Bottom!"

Loved Mssrs Mayall & Edmondson in The Comic Strip but didn't warm to any of The Young Ones, Bottom or Filthy Rich and Catflap. I used to worry about this way back when because I was in the target age group-ish but found it all rather juvenile and uncooth.

Liked when they came out the other side New Statesman etc but hey-ho the three mentioned weren't my cup of darjeeling 'fraid.

However a lot of "Biz" faces reckon that The Young Ones was a mould-breaker so what do I know?

A top sitcom. Definetly better than The Young Ones and Filthy Rich and Catflap and definetly better than 2 Pints. Hard to pick a favourite episode, special mentions to Gas, Burglary, S'Out and Finger, but will go for Burglary.

Quote: Maurice Minor @ March 12 2009, 1:26 PM GMT

Anybody else like this? Or is it viewed in a similar way to 2 Pints....?

Okay, the truth be told! .... I'm a DIE HARD Bottom Fan (or should I say Eddie & Richie) ... In fact, pretty much anything Rik & Adrian have starred in/written, including The Dangerous Brothers, Filthy, Rich & Catflap, Bottom of course and all the live shows.

Myself and a good friend always comment on this clip & that clip (have done for years!!!!)

Cal :)

Bottom is absolutely fantastic. I think my favourite episode is the one where they lose the TV, and they try to play chess but Rik doesn't know the rules and then there is a ridiculous fight. Everything about it is brilliant.

"Eddie...have you got the Chalice?"
"No it's just the way my dressing gown's rucked up around my waist"