QI - Series G Page 10

That Sumerian joke about the wife farting into her husband's lap, that none of the panelists got... it's about fanny farts, isn't it?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 6 2010, 9:31 AM GMT

I just released that someone on last night's show was something I posted on the QI forums! I mention on their website the information regarding the oldest joke in the world, and I reported the news about the Greek joke book during my Newshound duties.

Story about the Philogelos

Well done Ian...now we know where Jim Davidson gets his material - zing. :(

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 8 2010, 2:31 PM GMT

Well done Ian...now we know where Jim Davidson gets his material - zing. :(

Don't be ridiculous - Davidson reading something foreign?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 8 2010, 3:04 PM GMT

Don't be ridiculous - Davidson reading something foreign?

What with living in Dubai, I expect he does that quite a lot.

Enjoyed last night. I thought Mel did rather well. No, hang on...

Nice touch having Arthur Japin on. As an aside, I'm not sure about the Dutch liking (Dutch) QI -- there was only one series (aired Jan '09) and (as far as I can see) no sign of a second. I was out of the country when it was on, and wasn't that taken by the one episode I watched on catch-up ...

Quote: nicamy @ February 20 2010, 4:55 PM GMT

Nice touch having Arthur Japin on.

Though if he's going to talk about correct pronunciations, he could at least have pronounced "pronunciation" correctly!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 20 2010, 1:00 PM GMT

Enjoyed last night. I thought Mel did rather well. No, hang on...

:D

I thought it was one of the better ones I've seen for a while too, possibly because Sue Perkins was on, she gets funnier every time I see her and she should be on there more as the token female in place of the bored looking and predictable Ms Brand.

Quote: ACUSmember @ February 20 2010, 11:27 PM GMT

Though if he's going to talk about correct pronunciations, he could at least have pronounced "pronunciation" correctly!

That Van Gogh question was petty. Typically, British people pronounce it Van Gof, just as we say Par-is and not Par-ee.

I just saw this on the site.

"A petition to try and get the British comedy panel show QI broadcast in America received its 10,000th signature last night."

That's ridiculous. QI stands for Quite Intelligent.

In America?

Quote: Chappers @ March 14 2010, 12:50 AM GMT

QI stands for Quite Intelligent.

No it doesn't. It stands for "Quite Interesting".

David got told.

Quite Ironically, it appears that he is not Quite Intelligent at all. ;)

Interesting line up this week: Bill Bailey, Danny Baker and Jeremy Clarkson(!).

Quote: sheep2 @ March 25 2010, 2:49 PM GMT

Interesting line up this week: Bill Bailey, Danny Baker and Jeremy Clarkson(!).

You think that the line up is interesting? Wait till you see what happens to the TVs behind the panel.

Mind you, the fact the theme is "Green", it will be interesting to see Clarkson's reaction to everything on the show.