Gavin & Stacey Page 48

Quote: EllieJP @ December 8 2009, 9:29 AM GMT

Saw the most recent episode last night, and I still think it's great, Bryn is amazing.

I thought the Indian ordering was great... agree about the point about Nessa hanging up on Gavin's Dad but it was funny.

I loved Smithy and his sister's rendition of Black Eyed Peas. Very funny.

Even though it was the rap bit from American Boy by Estelle feat Kanye West it was really funny indeed:)

All episodes with one of those Smithy moments in it are good!

Quote: EarlyDoor @ December 8 2009, 12:55 PM GMT

Even though it was the rap bit from American Boy by Estelle feat Kanye West it was really funny indeed:)

I'm so not hip with the kids. Laughing out loud Now you've said that, yes of course it was. Pleased

Quote: EllieJP @ December 8 2009, 9:29 AM GMT

Saw the most recent episode last night, and I still think it's great, Bryn is amazing.

I thought the Indian ordering was great... agree about the point about Nessa hanging up on Gavin's Dad but it was funny.

I loved Smithy and his sister's rendition of Black Eyed Peas. Very funny.

*Agrees*

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 5 2009, 5:03 PM GMT

I dunno. I can't think of anything that offers such an unfiltered view of what people actually say, except maybe Early Doors, which wasn't very good.

Which of course was inspired/spawned by The Royle Family which is where a lot of this all started.
Difference is TRF was brilliantly [IMHO] structured and written - to the point that it seemed to be 'just like real life'.
But it was a lot cleverer than that.
A bit like looking at a Matisse sketch and saying "Well anyone can do that " and then giving it a go yourself.
The results would be similarly lacklustre.
There you are, from Gavin & stacey to Matisse in one post.
Ithankyou.

If I speak for myself Gavin and Stacey, Early Doors and The Royle Family are my three favourites of all time. People who don't fancy 2 or 3 of these like other shows that I don't fancy.
It's a personal taste of course, I like the moments in ED and Royle where actually nothing happens, I liked the bit where Smithy and Gavin did the Suggs walk on episode 2.

It's getting better every episode so the last one will probably be a more than decent ending to a great show.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 7 2009, 1:48 PM GMT

Oh well, I suppose more fool them who buy the DVD before having seen the series and found out if it's worth watching in the first place. It's only idiots' money, after all. However, I'm still not comfortable with the BBC doing this. Probably based on the fact that it gives people who can afford to buy the DVD an unfair advantage over other licence fee payers.

(Similarly, I don't think it's quite fair that the BBC gives "red button" people a chance to see the next episode of a show before those without this option. Must be one of the last "lefty" elements in my character, but it smacks of some form of unfairness which the BBC shouldn't be engaging in.)

The good people of the BCG speak, people notice. (Although it may just be a coincidence, of course... Errr.)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000208/early_release_of_gavin_&_stacey_dvds_causes_a_row/

Oh, so it will help make the "licence payer" more money then? OK, everyone expect that rebate on your licence fee in the New Year then... The profits will be likely used-up on medically insuring Brucie for another year of Strictly... anyway.

And it's a bit of a different situation to Pride & Prejudice, surely? As far as I recall, the plot of P&P has been openly available for nearly 200 years. As for Mistresses, never heard of it, Guv. Kafka is it?

There's a BBC tool in development that tracks everything Tim Walker says ...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ December 9 2009, 11:28 AM GMT

There's a BBC tool in development that tracks everything Tim Walker says ...

Dan

I like the sound of that. They could call it "The Zeitgeist App" perhaps? Errr

The easiest way for the BBC to shut people like me up is to give us a sitcom commission. It worked with Isaacs, right? ;)

There he goes -- comparing himself to the great Isaacs! God-complex or what!

Dan

*subtly hides draft BBC Three script for 'Wall Shitters' in a draw* Whistling nnocently

SPOILER ALERT!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8403169.stm

Dear oh dear oh dear... I've put a spoiler alert, but as the BBC seems quite happy to release the DVD and then basically give the game away on its own website, who gives a toss, eh? :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 9 2009, 12:30 PM GMT

SPOILER ALERT!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8403169.stm

Dear oh dear oh dear... I've put a spoiler alert, but as the BBC seems quite happy to release the DVD and then basically give the game away on its own website, who gives a toss, eh? :)

I hope he punches the annoying one.

Quote: chipolata @ December 9 2009, 12:43 PM GMT

I hope he punches the annoying one.

And that one is...? Errr

Reading between the (poorly conceived) lines, I would imagine P******t arrives at the moment the priest asks if anyone knows of any just cause or impediment why Ness and Dave should not be married, like Dustin Hoffman from the Graduate.

Presumably Ness will then run off with P******t to some pisstake rendition of 'Mrs. Robinson' by Simon and Garfunkel. Smithy will try to do the decent thing in stopping them and die in the process.

I will be amazed if this is not what happens.

Great episode! Funniest of the third series so far.