Sitcoms that urgently need a DVD release Page 2

Wow, there are a lot of G&M available!! I stand corrected!

Note to self: I must remove my head fron my A*** and check on Amazon first!

AW

IMO the following desperately need to be released on DVD

Birds Of A Feather series 2-9
Watching beyond series 1
Second Thoughts beyond series 1

I wish I could get hold of The Peter Principle. It only ran for two series just before Jim Broadbent became a huge star - too big for a third series.

I thought it was because he couldn't fit it in with his big star movie timetable!

The other serieses of Sorry! need to be released to follow-up the first two that were released amongst the first DVDs ever burned...

Dan

Although not a sitcom as such, well, not at all actually, I would dearly like to see this 1980's Scottish sketch show 'Absolutely' released on DVD. On the other hand, I could be the only one wanting it released so that may explain its absence. Who knows.

I know many people who love Absolutely. It's one of those shows which will, I expect, get a release, it's just a case of when. And good news on the sketch release front - the bastards are FINALLY releasing Flying Circus in its entirety in the UK! Series one will be out in a few months time. :)

The Pilot Show would be an interesting release even if it's not a sitcom.

Quote: Baumski @ January 4, 2007, 5:59 PM

Although not a sitcom as such, well, not at all actually, I would dearly like to see this 1980's Scottish sketch show 'Absolutely' released on DVD. On the other hand, I could be the only one wanting it released so that may explain its absence. Who knows.

I adored that show and would love to see it on DVD. I used to have the two compilation VHS tape "Vidos" but I think I gave them to my brother. Darn it.

Oh, and not sure if they count as 'Situation Comedies', but I would LOVE to see both Murder Most Horrid and Happy Families on DVD.

Frankly, Murder Most Horrid should get a bloomin' release. Four fine series of award winning comedy/dramas. Surely there is a market out there for it!

Surgical Spirit

*ducks*

Honestly, it was one of the Britcoms I saw back in... 1995 or so, and I've not seen it since.

Quote: Aaron @ January 4, 2007, 6:29 PM

I know many people who love Absolutely. It's one of those shows which will, I expect, get a release, it's just a case of when.

Glad to realise that it is not only me who liked Absolutely. Good show.
:)

WrongTale

Quote: WrongTale @ January 6, 2007, 10:23 PM

Surgical Spirit

*ducks*

Honestly, it was one of the Britcoms I saw back in... 1995 or so, and I've not seen it since.

It's on ITV3 every night at 3am for an hour http://www.itv.com/listings/ShowListings.aspx?itvregion=london&itvgenre=0&channelid=ITV3

Enjoy. I thought this was quite good way back when too!

Dan

It's not British, but I can't believe The Larry Sanders Show hasn't been released yet. I'd also love to see Dream On come out, not least because you got to see a lot of naked breasts in that show.

This is shameless, but you'll understand why in a moment. Would anybody here find the prospect of Grass being released on DVD appealing? The reason I ask, is that they put it out for Christmas but only as part of a confusingly-packaged post-Fast Show box set, with Swiss Toni and Ted & Ralph. A fine idea, although from the box you'd think it was the Fast Show.

The company who put it out are not sure whether to put Grass out separately. I clearly think they should. But our producer is looking for genuine interest with which to help persuade them. Hands up! (You could influence the course of history here . . . )

Hi Andrew

I *really* liked Grass but wasn't so fussed about Swiss Toni in the box set so wasn't going to bother getting it. I was thinking that I'd get it if it was released individually.

So, that's my opinion.

And just to prove I'm not brown-nosing, I can't stand any soap operas ;)

Dan

One of the first posters offered 'the baldy man.' Hahahaha, oh god I completely agree, I had totally forgotten about that show and all these memories just came flooding back to me about how great it was. I was probably fairly young then so maybe my memory is distorted but from what I do it was great, but yes, it needs immediate release.

Things get released so much later over here that Im still waiting to get things like the royle family never mind anything else. I have ordered a few things over amazon recently but its besides the point...