Sitcoms that urgently need a DVD release Page 8

:O

BAH! No matter what I ask BBC North America for, they always respond the same way. I just got this one in regards to asking "I know Green Wing is not available in North America if the BBC has any plans on releasing Green Wing to DVD any time soon?" this was the bullshit answer I got back...

Unfortunately this DVD is not yet available in North America. If/when it becomes available we will certainly carry it.
Best regards,
Adam

No shit it's not available I just told you I checked myself! F**k you Adam! F**k you in the face!

You sure it's not out on R1 actually? I could have sworn that it was.

No I just checked again :(
Perhaps they are waiting for the complete series to come out? If so I suppose that is worth waiting for.

Maybe, maybe. You could of course "acquire" it. If they're too bastardly to bring it out on DVD, then what other option do you have?

This may have been said but I can't be asked to read back :P but I've just done a write up on 'Colin's Sandwich'. Needs DVD release me thinks

Quote: Aaron @ February 23, 2008, 7:34 PM

Maybe, maybe. You could of course "acquire" it. If they're too bastardly to bring it out on DVD, then what other option do you have?

I've been trying to catch them on TV but they play late on a Friday night. I'm usually out at that time. That or I have been able to find one or two episodes to watch online but they are usually of very poor quality.

Quote: roscoff @ February 23, 2008, 8:00 PM

This may have been said but I can't be asked to read back :P but I've just done a write up on 'Colin's Sandwich'. Needs DVD release me thinks

Is that a column you write?

No, I think that he means for the site relaunch.

This is correct.

Happy Families

That would make a good article for this site. "The 10 sins of region 1" or something like that. A top 10 or 5 British sitcoms that should be on region 1.
I would have to say:
#1 Green Wing: Like I said it may be waiting to release a complete box sex, but this show is far over due for a North American release either way.
#2 Spaced: Honestly...how long does this need to take?! Americans love anything Simon Pegg does. This release would make money with a little sticker saying "creator of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz".
#3 The IT Crowd (series 2): I'm sure it will come out soon...just not soon enough!
#4 The Mighty Boosh: This will find an audience I'm sure if released on DVD. It's brilliant.
#5 Peep Show: series 2 and on, as only series 1 is available to date.

Spaced on R2 for all US fans - but it is coming soon

Asylum would be great to see on DVD!

I just managed to make it half way through the first episode of Asylum. Maybe I should give it another go, but it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

And welcome Bryony. :)

Whatever happened to Sykes? First colour series released on DVD in 2004, since then nothing!

It didn't sell too well, I gather. The series rights are now back in the hands of BBC Worldwide.

Just as an aside for what it's worth, it would have sold MUCH better, in my opinion, if it had been marketed as the "first series", rather than the "first colour series".