Sitcoms that urgently need a DVD release Page 11

Would love to see it. Would love to see the great Crawford in a different sitcom role, after only seeing him as the sublime Frank Spencer.

I imagine that's why Crawford did it. It was only a year or so after Some Mothers Do Ave 'Em and it was a total change of character for Crawford to do. I don't know why it only lasted 6 episodes though. Possibly because it was too much of a change for viewers? Or maybe it wasn't much cop?

Quote: Aaron @ September 11 2008, 10:04 PM BST

Haha, no. Get ready for it.

Series one release, fine.
Series two release, included not only series two but the first four episodes of series three.
Series three release then included the fifth and sixth episodes of series three, and all 8 episodes of series four.

Consequently, there is no "series four" DVD, and they had the rights to the show taken away. (I believe.)

Didn't they just do similar balls-up with Last of the Summer Wine? Where I read it I don't know but wasn't series 9 twice as long as the previous series gone by? So the most recent DVD release was mislabelled '9 and 10' whenreally it was just series 9? I could have misread it or the source got it wrong? Best to check!

Different company. That's the almost equally incompetent Universal Playback. I'm not sure about the Last Of The Summer Wine release, but given other mistakes I wouldn't put it past them.