Sitcoms that urgently need a DVD release Page 5

Have a large collection of sitcoms on videos taking up loads of room.
and my dvd sitcom is getting bigger every day. Thanks all for keeping me up to date with new sitcoms I can buy.

Happy to help! :)

I would desperately like to see these 4 sitcoms released on DVD properly!

2 point 4 children (BBC)
Birds of a Feather (BBC)
Watching (ITV)
The Upper Hand (ITV)

please I really would like to see these shows released!

I'd like to get hold of the six episodes of 'Sam's Game' is there anywhere this would be available?

I'm an Ed Byrne fan and he was very funny in this IMO. I actually saw 3 out of the 6 being made up at Pinewood. I was surprised when it bombed on telly.

Quote: Phil @ January 12, 2007, 9:34 AM

If You See God Tell Him - surely the best thing to only be shown once - demands a DVD release. It won't happen, but it should. I believe it's never likely to be shown again due to it's portrayl of the police in one episode, apparently it suggests racism is endemic within the force, who'd have thought it?

quite agree with this..........would love to see this again.........was really different to the dross that was on at the time.......never been repeated and I don't think it ever will

I'd really like to see NOT THE NINE O'CLOCK NEWS as complete as possible, as it was broadcast. You never get that, it's always BEST OF... or compilations.

just a thought.............doesn't seem to be any Harry Enfield out on DVD....surely people would buy these if they were released,or do the BBC not own the rights anymore?

I desperately want the rest of Birds of a Feather, and Fresh Fields to be released.

And I'd kill for the rest of Man About The House (only Series 1 & 2 have been released here), Pie in the Sky and Hetty Wainthropp to be released here in Australia.

Man About The House is all out here. Why not order overseas? :)

Oh, and hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :)

Hi Aaron! My problem is that my DVD player only plays Region 4 DVDs. Angry I'd buy from overseas in a second if I could. I'm actually starting to contemplate buying VHS just to be able to have them. Teary

Hi Cauldron Chick. You sound a dedicated fan... it's a shame you have to buy old skool VHS.

Have you considered picking up a multi-region player? I'm sure some of our other members from Oz could give you suggestions. I think you can get a suitable player as cheap as $60, maybe less on eBay.com.au?!?

Alternatively do check to see if your PC can play multi-region DVDs... a surprising number can.

Birds of a feather is way over due for release it was a popular sitcom and should be released hopefully next year

can't you get all-regional DVD players over there? I've seen so many times Brits and Americans whining about not being able to buy discs from other regions, as those discs wouldn't play on their DVD players.
Over here it is actually impossible to buy one region DVD players - seeing that there are quite few releases officially available for region 5, and it's mostly current Hollywood blockbusters, it's quite handy. Now I can order from Australia, US and UK with no problems at all, and they all play fine.

It's possible, but they're relatively rare (and more expensive). And most people don't realise that it's possible to make their normal, Region 2 DVD player region-free either. The biggest problem however, is the actual format. Which at its very simplest, is the Americans using NTSC, us using PAL, and of course the even more backwards Frenchies using SECAM.

Most DVD players handle NTSC fine You'll find the ones that don't are the bigger brands, SONY, that sort of thing.