The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 14

Quote: swerytd @ November 11 2009, 11:12 AM GMT

Wasn't he really nice to the cleaner in the specials. After 'Big Ben' offended her:

Dan

Talking of Ben - didnt the specials end with Ollie being stuck as 'Ben's Glenn' while Glenn stuck with Hugh? Did I miss an explanation of why they are back together . . . ?

I loved this week's episode. My favourite bit was Glenn and Malcolm's forced 'banter' in front of the press following the incident.

"Hey! Are you saying I'm fat!?" nearly had me crying.

I really enjoyed the frantic pace of the last episode.

I was a bit confused over the prominence given to Terri though, it seemed to me she got more screen-time than her character warranted in this one.

Quote: Nogget @ November 12 2009, 7:47 AM GMT

I really enjoyed the frantic pace of the last episode.

I was a bit confused over the prominence given to Terri though, it seemed to me she got more screen-time than her character warranted in this one.

I liked that because it helped define what her role was in relation to the minister. I'm often very fuzzy about what all these characters do.

This is the the best sitcom of the decade... it's TV for the elite!

Quote: chipolata @ November 12 2009, 9:38 AM GMT

I liked that because it helped define what her role was in relation to the minister. I'm often very fuzzy about what all these characters do.

As are the writers at times, which can be a problem.

Quote: Timbo @ November 14 2009, 4:58 PM GMT

As are the writers at times, which can be a problem.

I have to admit that for most of series 1, I sort-of assumed that Glenn was also an MP, in some kind of junior ministerial type of role... :(

Brilliant episode tonight. Not the most obviously funny, but an excellent story, beautifully written and performed. Special commendations to Rebecca Front and Roger Allam. (Plus, the chap who played the headmaster was very good too.) A plot which really summed-up all that is horrible about modern politics.

One of my favourite lines tonight was Malcolm referring to Ollie as an "unbaked gingerbread man". :)

Yeah it was almost the perfect sitcom ep, this was the first episode of the series to match the Langham ones. Mianly it is because I love it when a sitcom can really bring out drama and although the Langham episodes were entertaining they were never moving and certainly never explored such depths.

Also it was very funny tonight particularly when Malcolm was scaring the white Will Smith.

That was brilliant. Best episode of The Thick Of It to date. Peter Mannion is such a great character; hopefully he'll be featuring more and more in the rest of the series.

Quote: Aaron @ November 14 2009, 10:58 PM GMT

Peter Mannion is such a great character; hopefully he'll be featuring more and more in the rest of the series.

Who knows, he might be the main Minister in the next series...?

Quote: Griff @ November 14 2009, 10:46 PM GMT

Crikey that was a bit depressing even for TTOI.

What, just in terms of the plot and the tone of some scenes?

A step down from last episode in terms of laugh rate, but really liked the development of Nicola as a character - can definitely say I no longer miss Hugh Abbott.

Loved Terri answering her phone "Coverly, Comms!"

Peter Manion brilliant as ever, but have little interest in the characters he is surrounded by (a worry for the next series assuming they take power!), Stuart especially - mighty tired of his one joke of talking in annoying business lingo . . .

Surely the Opposition will go about trying to re-hire Tucker as their strategist? Maybe with a peerage? "Government of all the talents" et cetera...?

I can't see Tucker returning after Capaldi's comments on Wossy's radio show . . .

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 15 2009, 12:48 AM GMT

I can't see Tucker returning after Capaldi's comments on Wossy's radio show . . .

Huh?