The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 13

Crackin' episode. Nicola's on the 'Rescue Remedy', Malcolm's punched Glen, Terri's 'working from home' with Max the diabetic dog and their People's Champion is twittering. Flippin' brilliant.

... slightly unbelievable that Malcolm knew so little of Twitter/Tweeting I thought . . .

You're right! They're not the Tories!

Dan

On the upside: a pacey episode that took the characters outside their normal safety zones. The Miles Jupp character was great, and even funnier in the Red Button stuff afterwards. And the Malcolm Tucker pacing scene was the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

On the downside: I think it lacked the rich dialogue of previous episodes and I personally didn't buy the punch. I winced slightly when it happened, because it felt wrong. I don't think he'd lose it enough to punch somebody and, if he did, it would be career over. End of story. That said, the arc of this series will clearly see the demise of Malcolm Tucker, so it might make more sense when put into the context of the complete seies.

Episode 3 extras: Out Of The Thick Of It

Oh -- quote from main show that made me laugh lots:
Glenn's 'Why do I feel I'm in a support group run by my own rapist?'

:D

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 9 2009, 1:22 PM GMT

Oh -- quote from main show that made me laugh lots:
Glenn's 'Why do I feel I'm in a support group run by my own rapist?'

That was a very good line. :D

Enjoying this, a lot. The extras / red button bits so far this series have all featured funnier bits than the main episodes, too - loved the bit with Ollie asking Miles' character if he was "actually autistic", and his reply.

Today I called someone a "jazzy bastard" . . .

Was it your mum?

Nah, she isn't the slightest bit jazzy . . .

One thing I forgot to mention was how great it was seeing Malcolm Tucker being charming to that woman in Saturday's episode. It was a whole other side of him we hadn't previously seen (although he was only being nice to get something, granted).

Another great episode. Enjoyed the comment about the West Wing and Ollie not being Josh. Nice bit of inter-textuality. The two shows certainly share a common pace.

Quote: chipolata @ November 11 2009, 10:36 AM GMT

One thing I forgot to mention was how great it was seeing Malcolm Tucker being charming to that woman in Saturday's episode. It was a whole other side of him we hadn't previously seen (although he was only being nice to get something, granted).

Wasn't he really nice to the cleaner in the specials. After 'Big Ben' offended her:

CLEANER
The world needs to know about this.

MALCOLM
What do you mean 'the world'?

CLEANER:
The world! The News Of The World!

:D

Dan

That was a superb episode - sorry joining in late as I caught it on iPlayer the other day.

My favourite exchange -

MALCOLM: You're my brother from another mother.

GLENN: That sounds nice.

It's pretty slick. And funny.