What's the largest dead animal you've seen? Page 6

A golden labrador.

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2009, 2:33 PM BST

A golden labrador.

Was there a poor blind bastard standing next to it looking lost?

Laughing out loud

Haha. No was night time and it was on the road. Maybe there was a blind dude in the ditch, flailing around.

You really don't see many doggies by the side of the road. Usually badgers, bunnies, hedgehogs and (worst of all) kitties. :(

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2009, 2:38 PM BST

You really don't see many doggies by the side of the road. Usually badgers, bunnies, hedgehogs and (worst of all) kitties. :(

:(

Hedgehogs go flat!

Yes indeed they do.

When I see an animal by the side of the road I pretend to myself they're sleeping. But it's much more difficult when they are flat as a pancake with a little pile of guts nearby.

At least it's quick...unless the car just catches them a glancing blow, and they drag themselves into the undergrowth for a slow, agonising death. :(

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2009, 2:41 PM BST

Yes indeed they do.

When I see an animal by the side of the road I pretend to myself they're sleeping. But it's much more difficult when they are flat as a pancake with a little pile of guts nearby.

Their flat-out asleep.

Our local baby fox is on the prowl again. (It followed me all the way up the road last night.) Three days in a row it's killed a magpie, leaving them in the front garden for me to bury. (I say "bury", when of course I've just shovelled them under some bushes and looked the other way.)

:(:(

What about the baby hedgehogs at hooooome?
Where's mummy?

Oh god...

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 11 2009, 2:43 PM BST

Our local baby fox is on the prowl again. (It followed me all the way up the road last night.) Three days in a row it's killed a magpie, leaving them in the front garden for me to bury. (I say "bury", when of course I've just shovelled them under some bushes and looked the other way.)

Like so many of your victims.

The Bush Bandit Killer strikes again!

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2009, 2:43 PM BST

:(:(

What about the baby hedgehogs at hooooome?
Where's mummy?

Oh god...

I've got hedgehogs. They come for the catfood. I've now blocked up my garden so they can't get out and killed on the road.

Quote: Leevil @ August 11 2009, 2:44 PM BST

The Bush Bandit Killer strikes again!

On the plus side, the roses came up lovely this year. :)

Like Moss from the IT Crowd. Always leave a rose at the scene of a crime.

Quote: chipolata @ August 11 2009, 2:44 PM BST

I've got hedgehogs. They come for the catfood. I've now blocked up my garden so they can't get out and killed on the road.

Aw. That's nice.