The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 7

Just catching up on the papers. Reading The Daily Worker from October 12th 1936. Frontpage headline 'Triumph Of Anti-Mosley March Thro' East London'. But on the back page:

Brentford 4 Manchester U. 0

A great time to have lived. (Apart from the Unemployment, Racism, War. ;) )

Quote: JohnnyD @ July 22 2009, 3:37 PM BST

A great time to have lived. (Apart from the Unemployment, Racism, War. But, etc)

As opposed to now...? At least the f**king football scores were good.

I've changed the 'But, etc' to a wink to clarify!

As a girl/woman, I don't follow the football news that closely, but as a Celtic fan, I was really upset to hear about John Hartson's cancer. How the hell does testicular cancer turn into brain and lung cancer so quickly?
Guys, please, check your scrotums tonight and get any anomalies checked out!

Not being flippant, but I think you'll find most blokes have a very up-to-date inventory of their genitalia. The important thing to do is actually go to see the Doc if you do find something abnormal. John Hartson is most likely just very unlucky, as testicular cancer is rarely this aggressive. Doesn't mean it's not one to be concerned about (typically if you're in your late 20's to early 30's), of course, but better to lose one ball than both (or worse).

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1780_5457675,00.html

Grrrrrr Angry

Why can't all you Newcastle United supporters accept that basically you are just a good Championship team?

Because we're not even that at the moment. :P

I can't wait for Yakubu to make his comeback, next month. After missing last season, the guy's gonna be like a rodeo bull, scraping his feet, waiting for his chance to get out of the gates and do some damage. Arteta and a few others will also have got over injuries, and will be nice and fresh. The team spirit at Goodison is really high, so I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation.

Quote: catskillz @ July 29 2009, 12:56 AM BST

I can't wait for Yakubu to make his comeback, next month. After missing last season, the guy's gonna be like a rodeo bull, scraping his feet, waiting for his chance to get out of the gates and do some damage. Arteta and a few others will also have got over injuries, and will be nice and fresh. The team spirit at Goodison is really high, so I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation.

He was like a bull before!

Anyone else watching the West Ham vs. Tottenham friendly tomorrow? Anyone...?

Quote: PhQnix @ July 29 2009, 12:59 AM BST

I reckon Dean Ashton and Ledley King are a couple of good candidates.

Laughing out loud

Quote: PhQnix @ July 29 2009, 12:59 AM BST

Yeah il peak in and out. It is always a massive game in my family as they are all West Ham and me Tottenham.

I've just seen that Sir Bobby Robson (76), legend, has just lost his long battle with cancer. He was a real gent and will be sorely missed.

RIP Bobby.

RIP Bobby Robson.

A true gentleman and a legend of football.