The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 10

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 10 2009, 11:02 PM BST

And Evra is the best left back in the world.

Which world would that be?

Quote: Chappers @ August 10 2009, 11:43 PM BST

Which world would that be?

*Cough The world where Evra has more European Cup medals than Chelsea Football Club*Cough.

Which means this one.

Quote: Spagett @ August 11 2009, 12:51 AM BST

*Cough The world where Evra has more European Cup medals than Chelsea Football Club*Cough.

Which means this one.

Hold on, you come from Manchester and support Manchester United? I'm sorry, but that doesn't ring true...

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 11 2009, 12:53 AM BST

Hold on, you come from Manchester and support Manchester United? I'm sorry, but that doesn't ring true...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Brilliant.

Got any Titanic jokes whilst we're here.

With fresh material like that I am sure you have.

Oops, touched a nerve. Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 11 2009, 1:01 AM BST

Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. :(

Damn you for being grown up and adult.

When you are actually from Manchester and support Utd it is annoying to have people doubt it.

Although if you are from Bristol or Reading and see loads of fake Utd fans in the town centre it is I suppose understandable to think all Utd fans are from outside Manc.

Trust me the real Utd fans hate the glory hunters almost as much as everyone who hates Utd anyway.

Fair enough. :)

The real Bolton fans hate Bolton almost as much as the neutrals who have also been bored shitless over the past 2 seasons.

Thank God I ditched my season ticket this time last year...

Looks like the mighty brewers are getting another stuffing.

Quote: Spagett @ August 11 2009, 1:05 AM BST

When you are actually from Manchester and support Utd it is annoying to have people doubt it.

Agreed.

Name me a better left back in the world at the minute then Dave. And before you say it, he is better than Ashley Cole.

I'm a Londoner & I support Liverpool.
Sometimes I used to think that it would have been better to have supported a London team such as West Ham or not Arsenal.
But once you have your team, you don't want to change
These days It's all a big overhyped business anyway, and the regional stuff doesn't really matter that much.
In the Premier league anyway.

Well I can honestly say if I was from London, I wouldn't be a Manchester United supporter. And if Man City do become the biggest club in the world, I'll still be a United supporter. Anyway, too much talk in this forum about why you support certain teams, I'd like an unbiased chat about the beauty of the game.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ August 11 2009, 10:14 PM BST

I'm a Londoner & I support Liverpool.
Sometimes I used to think that it would have been better to have supported a London team such as West Ham or not Arsenal.
But once you have your team, you don't want to change
These days It's all a big overhyped business anyway, and the regional stuff doesn't really matter that much.
In the Premier league anyway.

I remember getting into a cab in London, back in '98, and although the driver was a Londoner, he told me he was a Liverpool fan. When I told him that I was from Merseyside, but supported Everton, he burst out laughing, almost in disbelief. He was a black guy, and in my experience, I've noticed that a lot of black Londoners of a certain age seem to follow Liverpool. I think there's two reasons for this. Firstly, they seem to be guys who grew up in the '70s and '80s, when Liverpool were at their best, so there's probably an element of the glory hunter about them - especially when you consider the fact that the majority of black people in London come from South of the river, and South London's teams have never had much success. Secondly, becausethere was a lot of racism at football grounds in the '70s and '80s, a lot of young black London lads were turned off or afraid to go and support their local teams during that era. Little did they know that the Anfield crowds would probably have been just as racist back then.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 11 2009, 9:44 PM BST

Agreed.

Name me a better left back in the world at the minute then Dave. And before you say it, he is better than Ashley Cole.

That is rubbish. He is very average,

I'll give you three - Lahm, Abidal, Ashley Cole.

Evra is great at overlapping runs and going forward but teams have worked out his weaknesses. Aaron Lennon tore him to shreds in the League Cup final and in their next league game, and it looks as if he still hasn't properly recovered. He had a stinker in the Champions League final and Xavi and Messi made him look poor, and now Chelsea have exposed his frailty of mind in the Community Shield.