The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 8

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 31 2009, 11:08 AM BST

I've just seen that Sir Bobby Robson (76), legend, has just lost his long battle with cancer. He was a real gent and will be sorely missed.

RIP Bobby.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ July 31 2009, 11:13 AM BST

RIP Bobby Robson.

A true gentleman and a legend of football.

He deserves his own thread, but it would just be shut down. :(

What a fantastic guy, this is such sad news and a great loss to the nation.

RIP Bobby and thanks for everything

Yes - one of the few succesful managers who you would consider a nice person.

RIP

Shameless bump: There is only one week to put your Fantasy League team together and enter the BCG Mini-League. Much better turn-out than last year. Make as many transfers as you like before next Saturday's deadline, so you can enter an automatically-selected team to grab a place and then transfer everyone out before next week (effectively ensuring you get some point in Week 1, even if you forget to do it properly!)

Link is http://fantasy.premierleague.com

BCG League code is 347466-83157

Enjoy!

Dan

I fully endorse the above league, come on! letzby aving you!

15 year old Tom Daley who recently won the gold medal at the World Diving Championships has apparently been approached by Manchester United to replace Christiano Ronaldo.

Yes, sad news about Bobby. He was a legend and I thought it was great at the fact he was still went to that charity match so many days before his death. A top top man.
I heard that Tom Daley will be a replacement for when Didier Drogba finally leaves Chelsea Whistling nnocently

Same old Fergie. What a sore loser.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8192532.stm

And that bloody Evra is as bad trying to butt Ballack's elbow.

My team lost 7-1 on Saturday :(

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ August 10 2009, 12:19 PM BST

Blody great.

I've only been waiting 20 years for a result like that.

Who do you support Chappers?

Sutton United.

After we beat Coventry 2-1 in the FA Cup in 1989 we played away to Norwich and lost 8-0.

Still they had their biggest crowd of the season with Ipswich supporters trying to cheer us on. 3-0 down after 20 minutes and there's no point in worrying.

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ August 10 2009, 12:19 PM BST

Looking forward to the Yeovil and Exeter games then?

The mighty Brewers lost their first game in the football league on Saturday. :(

Quote: Clockface @ August 10 2009, 12:39 PM BST

Looking forward to the Yeovil and Exeter games then?

Our manager has to go. How he is manager in the first place is beyond me. I'm a season ticket holder and a big fan of Norwich, but I hope we lose the next two or three games just to get rid of Bryan Gunn.