Jam and Jerusalem Page 3

Quote: Wheeler @ December 2, 2006, 10:48 AM

Dawn French does her side-splitting West Country accent whilst wearing a funny wig. My God, it's truly f**king dreadful.

:O Wow! I may have to tune in now just to see that alone. It sounds fantastic! I'm obviously missing out.

Quote: Aaron @ December 3, 2006, 12:53 PM

I will, I expect, probably keep on watching, but I'm not expecting much.

Why, Aaron, WHY???
:D

CCS.

Car Crash Syndrome.

One episode was enough for me. Life's too short to waste it on Dawn French in a comedy wig and Jennifer Saunders living off past successes.

Did anyone else catch Jennifer Saunders on this morning talking about Jam and Jerusalem I only got a bit of it but she said it was inspired by the film Calendar Girls and was a sort of female version of last of the summer wine, she also has another series in production where she play a Trisha style talk show host.

Barry

Quote: Britcom Barry @ December 6, 2006, 9:47 PM

Did anyone else catch Jennifer Saunders on this morning talking about Jam and Jerusalem....she also has another series in production where she play a Trisha style talk show host.

Barry

:O Oh God, I hope you are joking!

*shakes head in despair*

'Oh God, I hope you are joking!

Yes, Yes - that's the working title and I kid you not, in the words of Private Fraser from Dads Army "We're all f**king doomed!"

Oh no, many of us here may be writers (or budding), but it's nothing to do with that (although I suspect it makes it all the more bitter for some). In fact, you are the first and only person I've heard say anything positive about it. Anywhere.

But fair enough. Got to be at least one person for everything! :)

Quote: Johnny Dee @ December 7, 2006, 8:36 AM

(Anyone hear the excellent Radio 4 "Radio Phone-in Show" takeoff on Weds 6:30?)

I caught the last 10 minutes or so and was already being irritated by it at the end. Just seemed to be recycling the same joke. Although it was hearing the word 'mindge' at 6.50 on radio 4 that made me take notice. And laugh, it was unexpected. The rest was a dissapointment. Can't see how they can drag it out into a series.

I watched Ep 3 tonight and I am worried.

Am I going mad but wasn't this trailed as a comedy? It was wasn't it?

Is a comedy not supposed to have jokes or make people laugh? The only concession to the genre was one brief piece of slap-stick where a vicar fell out of a boat and into a pond and that wasn't even funny. It had a predictability factor of 10 where 10 is very predictable indeed.

It seems messy, cluttered, busy, muddled and achingly un-funny. Maybe it's reverse psychology and I should be pissing myself but I'm afraid that it is quite the most puzzling thing I've ever watched on telly. It is impossible to categorize but it is also dreadful.

Bizarre!

What they need to do is put a cat in the passenger seat of a car......

Er, sorry, but I just watched an epsiode for the first time last night and thought (GULP) it was all right. Im truely sorry . . . Not great, but not,I think, the piece of crap others have said. Though Maybe the first two were worse than last nights. Anyway, I thought it was Ok. Please dont kill me, perhaps Ive just momentarilly lost my tiny mind . . .

Quote: Baumski @ December 9, 2006, 9:43 AM

What they need to do is put a cat in the passenger seat of a car......

Ha ha - very good - brilliant reference Baumski.

well...according to imdb there's going to be some sort of spin off or follow up.

"Untitled Jennifer Saunders/Joanna Lumley Project" (2007) [TV-Series]

Genre: Comedy

Plot Outline: The comical misadventures of friends involved with a women's club. Based on the BBC series "Jam and Jerusalem".

Series Credited cast:
Dawn French

Joanna Lumley

Jennifer Saunders

And another show by jennifer saunders, and from what ive read about it, darker than her other comedies:

The Vivienne Vyle Show: written by Jennifer Saunders and Dr Tanya Byron (Little Angels), The Vivienne Vyle Show is Britain's most loved, talked about live therapy show where the British public air their problems and worries.

Played by Jennifer Saunders, Vivienne Vyle is the show's host who is not afraid to say exactly what she thinks.

A BBC comedy production, produced by Jo Sargent.