Jam and Jerusalem Page 11

I loved Tash, but didn't think she would end up with Spike!

Phew..... such a relief to find some more positive and complimentary posts about J&J than those at the start of this thread. I absolutely ADORE it. Anyone who is at all involved in village, church or local community life will know many real-life examples of all the characters, all of whom are brilliantly written with real affection and finely observed. I have everything crossed for a third series..... does anyone know how likely this is?

I've not heard anything I'm afraid, no. But you're at the best place to find out if there is anything announced. :D

From what I've heard there will be a 3rd series of J&J.

Trust me.

Then again, you may no longer want to.

But that's what I've heard.

Because it's affected another show.

Allegedly...

I'll get me coat.

This is like the Twilight Zone or something.

Quote: Aaron @ November 6 2008, 10:24 PM GMT

This is like the Twilight Zone or something.

Has there been a nuclear apocalypse and I'm the last human being alive? If so, I am appointing myself controller of BBC3.

Or did I miss something on a previous post, Aaron?

As I say, I believe J&J is coming back, which may well scupper a new sitcom that you've mentioned on the site. :)

All rather interesting. We'll wait and see. :)

I quite liked J&J, in parts at least, but it reached a natural end. I would not particularly welcome its return.

According to several interviews with Jennifer Saunders, both Vivienne Vyle and Jam and Jerusalem will be moving on to further series'.
Jam and Jerusalem is actually partly funded by HBO and the wait was in seeing if they'd agree to finance another commissioning of the show.
Because of it being filmed in HD and such a large cast, it's quite an expensive show to make. We WILL be getting more, according to these interviews, though! ;)

I wouldn't have thought it did have a big cast, but looking back, yes, there were 11 of them. Hm.

Well, I'm interested in seeing J&J back, bit Vyle was vile!

Quote: Aaron @ November 9 2008, 11:27 PM GMT

I wouldn't have thought it did have a big cast, but looking back, yes, there were 11 of them. Hm.

Well, I'm interested in seeing J&J back, bit Vyle was vile!

I liked Vyle in that classic film-noire "Sunset Blvd" kind of way. She reminds me so much of Norma Desmond it's crazy.

According to a Devon resident on frenchandsanders.com :

Good news. Filming for a third series started in the spring of this year, 2008. Don't worry, it will be hitting British, and American, TVs soon. :D :D :D :D :lol:

Quote: matt insley @ November 9 2008, 11:38 PM GMT

I liked Vyle in that classic film-noire "Sunset Blvd" kind of way. She reminds me so much of Norma Desmond it's crazy.

Don't ever mention a classic movie like Sunset Boulevard in the same breath as tosh like Vivian Vyle.

Another one-poster supporting it. Oh dear!

Quote: David Chapman @ November 10 2008, 7:34 PM GMT

Another one-poster supporting it. Oh dear!

I liked it too.