Jam and Jerusalem Page 7

Quote: Aaron @ January 4, 2008, 10:18 PM

Matthew, you're quite clearly insane of Spears-proportions. :P

True, I already have officials trying to take away my children; and i dont even have any.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 4, 2008, 10:22 PM

True, I already have officials trying to take away my children; and i dont even have any.

That must be quite painful then.

I missed a kitty?

Yep, a nice fluffy kitty. :)

I hate this programme so much. Angry I'm getting really angry watching it now, and I want to switch over but I'm too angry to do so Angry Angry Angry Angry The women in it are so annoying. Especially Sue Johnston and that one from Father Ted. Angry Angry Angry Angry

Also, how dare they use a Kinks song as their theme tune. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

I think it's just a waste of comic acting talent.

I feel weird inside. I actually laughed a couple of times at this week's episode. o_O

Nevertheless, on the whole, it's just not funny. Out of 9 episodes broadcast to date, I should have laughed more than the two or three times I have done so. I'll admit I've found this and the previous episode (but not episode 1 or series 1) strangely watchable, but this is meant to be a sitcom. It's just not good enough, and I want to punch pretty much every one of the characters in the head.

Come on, it's getting better. I thought the first series was dire and a waste of the great talent on screen, but this series is a bit funnier.

Anything's better than that complete waste of talent My Family

I don't mind it (when I do actually watch it).
I like the mood of it.

Quote: Sylvia @ January 11, 2008, 10:24 PM

Anything's better than that complete waste of talent My Family

And now your opinion is null and void. :P

I have been pleasantly surprised that this comedy is slowly turning a corner....... hopefully. The first series was extremely poor but it's starting to show glimmers of hope.
One thing from last night is Jennifer Saunders keeps the best one liners.

Yes, I noticed that. Chocolate starfish, etc.

To be fair I don't think it was intended to be a rip-roaring gag fest (warning, don't google that phrase!).

Call it, I don't know, 'ambient' comedy? Yeah I like that - it's a nice euphemism.

Not bad, not bad indeed! After series one, I'd have more opted for "bag of shit" than "ambient comedy", but yes, I guess that's a good description! Very light, slightly comic drama.

Really doesn't deserve the sitcom title though. Awful. Trade Descriptions, I reckon!

I look forward to each Friday to see the next episode and there are an awful lot of other people like me who maybe haven't found this site??