Jam and Jerusalem Page 12

Me three. :)

I didn't think it was very funny.

It was a warm cup of cocoa where Absolutely Fabulous was a straight shot of Vodka. It was homey and nice. With a good plot and no apparent belly laughs. I think it delivered exactly what it wanted to. Sometime you folks just expect to much and then piss and moan when you don't get what you expected. :)
As far as Vivienne Vyle, I'll stand by my Film Noire statement. It was artsy AND fartsy.

Can I say again I disliked this programme.

Dawn French's character was one of the most unpleasant representations of a learning disabled character ever.

The rest of the show wasn't funny enough to compensate.

Quote: sootyj @ November 10 2008, 9:55 PM GMT

Can I say again I disliked this programme.

Dawn French's character was one of the most unpleasant representations of a learning disabled character ever.

Yeah, she was pretty funny.
:)

Dawn French AND Catherine Tate in the same show.

Truly evil is at work here.

Quote: Spagett @ November 10 2008, 10:25 PM GMT

Dawn French AND Catherine Tate in the same show.

Truly evil is at work here.

Aren't you thinking of that other show? Wild West or something? Tate is a very fine comic actress; and French is . . . well . . . fat.

Oh sorry you know what you are right.

Getting my crap Dawn French Comedies mixed up.

There are so many.

Quote: Spagett @ November 10 2008, 10:29 PM GMT

Oh sorry you know what you are right.

Getting my crap Dawn French Comedies mixed up.

There are so many.

French And Saunders . . . Dibley . . Wild West (or whatever) . . . I'm no French fan.

Murder Most Horrid was meant to be a comedy I think.

At least her husband is funny though, oh wait a minute....

Quote: sootyj @ November 10 2008, 9:55 PM GMT

Isn't the character supposed to be posessed of multiple personalities - so presumably only on eof them is learning disabled?

Nevermind, French is a truly atrocious actress. Did you see her In Larkrise? Did no-one tell her it wasn't a panto?

Quite liked the show when she and Saunders were not on screen. The script was not much, but a cast with that much comic talent could make near enough anything funny. And it had Kate Rusby singing a Kinks' song as the theme tune, for which I am prepared to forgive it anything.

Dawn's character is a rather hateful cocktail of everything nasty you can say about mental illness and learning disability.

Dropped in to have a bit fun, in a rather lifeless script.

I like Dawn's character!

Someone mentioned Wild West. That was a brilliant show. Catherine Tate is an actress in a caliber all of her own.

As far as complaining about homophobia and religious extremism in other threads go.

You can't have your politically correct cake and eat it.

Quote: sootyj @ November 11 2008, 6:48 AM GMT

As far as complaining about homophobia and religious extremism in other threads go.

You can't have your politically correct cake and eat it.

I bet Dawn French has several politically correct cakes....