Teenage Kicks Page 14

Can't argue with that!

Edited by Aaron.

Well I don't agree about the set up. IMO it's actually a pretty good one, just misguided in its TV execution.

Well I quite liked this. Not a great recommendation, I know, but better than bloody Clone, for example. Unless Clone suddenly got good in part two. I can't be arsed to find out.

No.

No it wasn't good was it, but it just didn't look quite right to me, from the start. I could never work out why the Chinese guy was there. Anyone know? I know they thought they needed him to make the show funnier, but what was he supposed to be, a lodger, a friend who just lived there, or what? It didn't look right.

The Chinese guy was the flatmate of the kids. A student, like them.

Ahh, ah see. Am a sirry iriot. Unimpressed Yes, that makes more sense now, I'd forgotten that the dad moved in with them. It's actually not a bad premise for a sitcom. What went wrong?

Happy Chinese New Year btw, the year of the Rabbit, a good year for ... yes. Well let's hope it is, does seem like 12 years since the last one for me. Gleetings. Wave

Excellent. Always good to see a three year old thread make a reappearance for a further three/four comments.

For those of you who didn't see it, this was a classic ITV sitcom.

No it wasn't. Quite entertaining, though.

I've just posted this in the Terry & June thread. I'm in a bandcalled Punks Not Dads and we think our execution is better. Here is our video, I hope you agree! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvz0iLY3Nlw
PS I'm not just randomly posting our video everywhere - it really did seem equally valid to these two threads!

Well try not to post it again! You might find the best place for it is a thread in the Showcase forum. :)

Quote: Aaron @ February 9 2011, 2:36 PM GMT

Well try not to post it again! You might find the best place for it is a thread in the Showcase forum. :)

Ok....but now I don't know whether to post again in that place or not!
Don't worry I won't be posting it anywhere else!
On the subject of Teenage Kicks, I really did think it was a big opportunity wasted, and I like Ade, it was just a little bit too light and inoffensive. The radio series wasn't really much better.

Yeah, you can give it is own thread in Showcase. :)

Quote: stupid boy @ February 9 2011, 3:00 PM GMT

ok....but now I don't know whether to post again in that place or not!
don't worry I won't be posting it anywhere else!
on the subject of teenage kicks I really did think it was a big opportunity wasted, and I like ade, it was just a little bit too light and inoffensive the radio series wasn't really much better.

Just saw you were an admin. By all means take it down from one of these places, I saw the Terry & June first but this is probably more on subject. I'll shut up about it now!

Quote: stupid boy @ February 9 2011, 3:00 PM GMT

The radio series wasn't really much better.

The radio series was much, *much* better...

Dan

Not in my opinion, there was poor characterisation and the central character was too pathetic to identify with at all. And why are you using me name, swerytd?