Have I Got News For You - Series 36 Page 2

You have now.

Do you know what?

I loved Tom Baker! I've watched that episode twice now and I still had tears in my eyes from laughing so much! Much better than Never Mind The Buzzcocks, I must say...

I'm in two minds about Boris Johnson being Mayor of Greater London. It's brilliant that he is (and did anyone see him try to wave a flag at the Olympics? Or his speech about whiff-whaff? Classic) but I don't suppose he'll host HIGNFY for a long while now.

Tom Baker wasn't bad I agree. It's a shame NMTB (or maybe, An Audience with Simon Amstell?) is going downhill too, I agree.

Haven't watched this from this week yet but I notice the extended version Have I Got A Bit More News For You is unavailable on iPlayer (both online and on Virgin Media). Anybody see it? I assume there is some Ross/Brand reference in there (or extended reference) that the Beeb don't want highlighting further.

Dan

I saw the last part of the extended one. About the only reference to the controversy that sticks out was something about Merton saying he'd had a photo of Brand stuck in his pocket with a note saying 'Don't mention'.

I agree Baker was sadly a poor host. I think they were hoping he'd be one of the nutty hosts and whilst he did have moments he seemed to be doing his best to be 'serious' instead. I'm sure even guys like Baker get fed up of being wheeled out when the call goes out for a national nutter.

Quote: swerytd @ November 3 2008, 3:56 PM GMT

Haven't watched this from this week yet but I notice the extended version Have I Got A Bit More News For You is unavailable on iPlayer (both online and on Virgin Media). Anybody see it? I assume there is some Ross/Brand reference in there (or extended reference) that the Beeb don't want highlighting further.

Not that I recall.

There isn't a Specsavers in Windsor.

Did you look it up or is that a well-known fact?

No, I'm just from the area.

Ah I see.

ANYWAY. Good episode. I love Reginald D. Hunter, never fails to amuse. He should be on TV more. :)

If anyone gets a chance to see him perform stand up, don't miss it.

Quote: Aaron @ November 7 2008, 9:58 PM GMT

ANYWAY. Good episode. I love Reginald D. Hunter, never fails to amuse. He should be on TV more. :)

I like him too!

I take it you've seen him do standup, Aaron?

Oh, yes it was good this week, Merton seemed to enjoy himself too.

Yup, three years ago (almost to the day actually), in a very small venue. I'd be surprised if there was room for more than about 2 dozen people, and it wasn't packed out to capacity. He was very very funny. Possibly the best stand up I've seen.

I take it you've not seen Stewart Lee yet?