Have I Got News For You - Series 36

In my opinion, tonight's episode (24th Oct - Alexander Armstrong as host) was the best HIGNFY episode for a number of years. Very funny stuff. For some reason the silent clip of the 'drug taking' on London Tonight made be laugh so hard.

The episode brought up two thoughts:

1. I'm starting to come around to the view that Armstrong should be made permanent host.

2. Frank Skinner should be on more panel shows.

Both Frank and Alexander were very funny tonight. I agree it was one of the best for a while; hopefully a return to form for the show.

Frank's 'Staying Alive' was a particular highlight for me. :)

Quote: Mark @ October 24 2008, 11:00 PM BST

In my opinion, tonight's episode (24th Oct - Alexander Armstrong as host) was the best HIGNFY episode for a number of years. Very funny stuff. For some reason the silent clip of the 'drug taking' on London Tonight made be laugh so hard.

That bit was hilaaarious.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Not enjoyed an episode like that for a good while. I'm not a fan of Armstrong, but even he didn't spoil it.

Good to see Skinner on it - first time in many, many years (he was the first guest to ever make a second appearance I think. Or first two appear twice in a series.) he was typically ace.

Merton's 'Murderer!!!' has my doubled up with laughter.

First to appear twice in the same series (ish). S04E04 and S04E10. :)

...Sometimes I disgust myself.

Quote: Aaron @ October 24 2008, 11:32 PM BST

...Sometimes I disgust myself.

Do you have photos?

kjs

Frank Skinner told the exact same joke as Frankie Boyle did about Richard Whitelys death. The Countdown theme tune going in beat with Richard Whitelys heart failing. I don't know if he intentionally copied, seems like a pretty obvious joke.

I didn't realise Alexander Armstrong had taken the Countdown job. Who in their right mind would want that job?? Must've offered him a very big pay packet. Eh?

I think he said that he hadn't accepted it.

He's just one of the people in the frame for it. :)

Des Lynam surely didn't do it for the fame.

And was a pretty good episode. Paul never fails to make me laugh; saying that, the week before was quite good too.

The African poltician falling off the chair hilarious. I think watching important people trip or fall is one of the world's funiest things.

Edited by Aaron.

I was only made aware that Tom Baker is presenting tonight by the front page of BSG.

Thank the Lord for Mark!

Tom Baker was fantastic.

He's maybe my new favourite guest presenter.

I didn't enjoy last night's that much - with Baker in charge it was a bit all over the place IMHO. There can only be so many 'mad' hosts - I think Blessed holds that spot now Boris is trying to be serious.

Was really disappointed by the regulars' comments on the Brand/Ross 'saga' too actually. Either they just lacked focus, or the BBC lawyers edited out the good bits. Lock and Carr on did a much superior job of commenting on the 'scandal' on 8 Out Of 10 Cats the other night.

Vince Cable was a surprisingly good guest though - hope he will return at some point.

There was about 3 hours of good material filmed, you could have almost chopped it up and made a mini-series (although some probably not broadcastable), but some of the editing was a bit "mad hatter". Did I mention Russell Brand was filming in the next studio? Whistling nnocently