Have I Got News For You - Series 36 Page 5

Merton's absence was refreshing.

Another vote here for Frank Skinner being on more panel shows - very witty. Jack Dee makes a great host too. I always think it best when they have a comedian in the host's chair, as then they can contribute to the discussions in a witty way too, which equals more comedy.

Summary: A great episode!

The way Frank got some laughs after his (pretty good, I thought) 'Online dancing' joke died just shows how sharp he is.

Ian Hislop seemed to be enjoying him too.

Also Dee made a decent presenter, though Skinner was running rings around him every time they sparred!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 23 2008, 7:08 PM GMT

Ian Hislop seemed to be enjoying him too.

Also Dee made a decent presenter, though Skinner was running rings around him every time they sparred!

Yeah, Dee was good, and had a few nice ad-libs (the 'I haven't fed my family in 5 weeks' being one, and ending with the 'We started ringing comedians at about half one')

I do wish Skinner had a telly vehicle that did him justice (he actually filmed a non-broadcast pilot for a gameshow of all things . . .)

I used to love Skinner, I thought Unplanned was brilliant, but as his chatshow dragged on I lost interest. Didn't think much of his sitcom either. Maybe now he's freed himself up a bit and started doing stand up again we'll see him emerge with something worthwhile again.

I loved Unplanned. Bring that back, I say.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 23 2008, 7:08 PM GMT

Though, just after the end credits (perhaps only on More version):

SKINNER: [I got the call] about half past three this afternoon.
DEE: They started ringing comedians about one o'clock...
SKINNER: (LOOK OF DISDAIN)

:)

Dan

Skinner was good, I think it did miss Merton though.

Frank Skinner seems to be back in form again as he is doing the rounds on the daytime programmes.

Last week he was on This Morning and this week he will be on Loose Women and The Wright Stuff.

He was also on The One Show, and I thiiink maay have been on The Graham Norton Show recently as well.

Quote: Aaron @ November 24 2008, 2:53 PM GMT

and I thiiink maay have been on The Graham Norton Show recently as well.

Correct, he was.

He was good on Norton's show. Surprised he's doing so many appearances. I wonder if he has to to fulfil his book deal?

ITV should be kicking themselves for not giving him a proper vehicle. I'd kill for Fantasy Football to back though.

No, but he has a new DVD and two box sets to push.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3434576/Frank-Skinner-Stand-Up/Product.html]
[h=8250596]

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6019894/Frank-Skinner-The-Stand-Up-Collection/Product.html]
[h=889494]

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6884056/Frank-Skinner-The-Platinum-Collection/Product.html]
[h=853847]

Really lame this week. Really flat. Or was it just me?