Have I Got News For You - Series 36 Page 4

Frank was great, yet again. I like Jack Dee hosting too.

Best episode since...Frank was a guest. :)

Since quitting ITV, Skinner has been on fire (his stand up tour, and I saw him give a talk on his new book with Mark Lawson, were both magic)

I've always said he's the sharpest comic mind the UK has ever produced (no other comic could do a show like Unplanned) and that was the best performance on HIGNFY from anyone in a long, long time.

Griff: Agreed.
JuliaC: Agreed.
Seefacts: I've never thought much of him until recently, but have become a bit of a fan after his recent appearances on numerous shows. He's great. :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 21 2008, 9:42 PM GMT

Griff: Agreed.
JuliaC: Agreed.
Seefacts: I've never thought much of him until recently, but have become a bit of a fan after his recent appearances on numerous shows. He's great. :)

He's been my favourite comedian, without question, for about 14 years. Obviously Fantasy Football League is finest comedy ever in my view (now, you don't like football so it's probably not your thing)

I'm glad Skinner is getting a bit more positive recognition, other than 'Oh, he's not singing is he?!'

I've always been a Frank Skinner fan and consider him the best comedian of the last 20 years.

I think even the late great master of comedy himself Bob Monkhouse once said that Frank was the wittiest comic he had ever come across.

Something like that anyway and certainly high praise indeed.

Quote: Seefacts @ November 21 2008, 9:44 PM GMT

He's been my favourite comedian, without question, for about 14 years. Obviously Fantasy Football League is finest comedy ever in my view (now, you don't like football so it's probably not your thing)

I'm glad Skinner is getting a bit more positive recognition, other than 'Oh, he's not singing is he?!'

I loved FFL and I don't like football - it never seemed to really matter!

And he's a much better singer than Baddiel! :D

Quote: Richard Wells @ November 21 2008, 9:44 PM GMT

I think even the late great master of comedy himself Bob Monkhouse once said that Frank was the wittiest comic he had ever come across.

That rings a bell.

His autobiography is a brilliant must-read as well.

Quote: JuliaC @ November 21 2008, 9:48 PM GMT

And he's a much better singer than Baddiel! :D

Frankenstein's Monster in Mel Brook's Young Frankenstein is a better singer than Baddiel!! :D

I've always been a Frank Skinner fan and consider him the best comedian of the last 20 years.

They were both on 'Gagtag' together of course.

Wow, yes indeed!

Quote: Seefacts @ November 21 2008, 9:50 PM GMT

They were both on 'Gagtag' together of course.

I had forgot that, I must admit.

This talk of Bob Monkhouse has just made me realize how much he still is missed on television.

Well I miss him anyway.

Quote: Richard Wells @ November 21 2008, 9:52 PM GMT

I had forgot that, I must admit.

This talk of Bob Monkhouse has just made me realize how much he still is missed on television.

Well I miss him anyway.

Skinner was complimentary of Ol' Bob saying he's our Bob Hope.

Quote: Seefacts @ November 21 2008, 10:00 PM GMT

I've been watching some Bob on challenge TV when he presented Wipeout in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Not his greatest venture but watch it long enough and you strangely forget that he isn't here anymore.

Like he's still around.

Quote: Seefacts @ November 21 2008, 10:00 PM GMT

Of course, Monkhouse and Hope were only born a few miles from each other.

Quote: Aaron @ November 21 2008, 10:05 PM GMT

Of course, Monkhouse and Hope were only born a few miles from each other.

They are now, yes!

That's the most enjoyable the show's been in a long time :) Skinner did indeed show up Merton. The witty comments really put to bed Merton's 'I'll shout something random and pull a funny face' antics. I'll admit I was another who didn't used to think much of him but his two recent appearances have really shut me up.