Little Britain USA Page 5

I agree the old couple one was great. Reminds me exactly of the pathetic lives of some married people I see...

Anyone noticed that Vicky Pollard talks much slower? Guess it's necessary for the yanks to understand anything she says.

Edited by Aaron.

Little Britain on TV never really resonated with me - and yet when people do impressions of it, it has me in stitches. Little Britain USA is a louder, prouder, cruder version. Funny in places, but hardly British comedy at its' best.

Watched this for the first time last night.

That is half an hour of my life wasted. Perhaps the worst sketch show episode I have ever seen...

Loved LB on radio, wasn't so impressed with the tv series, and now the USA version is, well, the law of diminishing returns... not bad though to get paid for the same scripts 3 times.

Not to mention the fact that every episode is virtually identical.

Quote: KJSmyling @ October 18 2008, 9:16 PM BST

not bad though to get paid for the same scripts 3 times.

Ha ha. I'd not thought of it like that.

Perhaps the worst sketch show episode I have ever seen

It might not be great, but worst sketch show episode ever? That might be going a bit far?!? (What about Blunder, Adam And Shelley, Titty Bang Bang etc etc?)

Perhaps the worst sketch show episode I have ever seen.

Quote: Mark @ October 19 2008, 10:23 AM BST

It might not be great, but worst sketch show episode ever? That might be going a bit far?!? (What about Blunder, Adam And Shelley, Titty Bang Bang etc etc?)

Notice I said "I have ever seen." :$

Was watching The Two Ronnie's Sketchbook, this morning whilst eating me pancakes and syrup and glugging down me coffee, and even though I'd seen most of the sketches several times they were still, on the whole, laugh out loud.

kjs

Hey Guys!

Have to admit, Little Britain USA rung alarm bells for me right away. whether it was shot in the USA or not, whether it held the British cast or not.

I've now seen the first two episodes ... and two words spring to mind "weak" and "forgettable"

I have to admit, the true British version was starting to fade, but this new USA series, well, it won't be remembered in 6 weeks, let alone 6 months!!!

Poor sketches, cheap gags, lame characters ... and a poor reflection on the true talent/material these guys are capable off (that's what happens when you've "sold out")

Bring me Saxondale Series 3!!!!!!!!

Well, there's still a huge LB following, and it continues to make me laugh, so I'm happy. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!! Geek

Quote: SivoxII @ October 20 2008, 8:30 AM BST

Bring me Saxondale Series 3!!!!!!!!

My god, there can't be many calling for that!! (Though I would be one of them)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 21 2008, 10:34 PM BST

My god, there can't be many calling for that!!

He's Canadian. They don't count.

Yeah, I'd like a Saxondale 3rd series. I did enjoy it.

Little Britain USA. Entirely unimpressed with this third episode. Laughed probably once during the thing. I was just a bit bored to be honest. Maybe it's my fault for expecting this to be a chance to give it an new lease of life, new injection, new perspective but it is in fact, the same old bollocks.

Dan

This show is pretty boring and uninspired. I suppose if you're in USA and seeing it for the first time it might have some virtue but it's generally more of the same.

I may be drunk, but I've laughed a fair bit at the first 10 minutes.

How's it going down in the US?

Now I think Little Britain revolutionised/revolutionized (for the US) the sketch show genre as much as the next man, but anyone can make a sketch involving an obese, gay, bald, black dwarf funny!

Not a bad episode. It's not a hugely funny series, but it's entertaining me. And that's all I ask for. :)