Little Britain USA Page 4

Quote: Winterlight @ October 4 2008, 10:28 PM BST

I just watched the repeat. There were a fair few laughs for me.

Its not that it was awful, more that Im just a bit bored of it now. There isn't enough to them and their style to keep me fully invested four series down the line. There were laughs in there, but Im tired of Little Britain. They either needed to really shake things up, or do something new. Thats just what I think anyway.

Surprisingly good. Had me laughing quite a bit, even though I felt I probably shouldn't be. Can't help but feel that they've already taken most of the characters as far as they can, even if we ignore the previous British incarnations (as applicable).

Will be very interested to see episode two.

Did anyone else notice how long the credits were? Cripes.

Quote: Johnny Green @ September 21 2008, 4:17 PM BST

Surely Little Britain is one of the most overrated comedies of all time?

no.

Little Britain occasionally has its problems like all sketch shows but it's brilliantly-performed, laugh-out-loud funny that appeals to almost everyone.

The priapic gun guy was crap though. Not the performance, just the idea was lame. But by and large, Little Britain still kicks arse.

Definetly very long credits, which to me really made it obvious this was an American show. I think the little piece of title music at the end used to be perfectly timed, so to see the credits stretch so long...how many people were they crediting?

As for Little Britan overstaying it's welcome- I think it was at it's worst when everybody was quoting it and the shops were full of Lou & Andy and Vicky Pollard dolls (not to mention the PS2 game). I think in general the show is funny but it was sadly one of those comedies that got overtaken by the hype and merchandising. Kinda like the mid-90s when the shops were full of Jim Royle stuff. I think for the most part the pair have been good about trying to keep it fresh if they are doing it. I've definetly seen much worse catchphrase comedy.

Well they've definitely toned down the crudity so far, compared to series 3 anyway, but they've still forgotten to put any genuine humour in the script.
I said in an earlier post that I thought the show was over by the end of series 2. I see no reason to change my opinion. Witless, stale and over.

Quote: Aaron @ October 5 2008, 2:17 AM BST

Yeah, including 'Directed by David Schwimmer', I believe!

Not great. Same old, same old. Thought the last UK series was taking it too far and was looking forward to new stuff, but the older characters are a bit dull now, I think.

Dan

Quote: Aaron @ October 5 2008, 2:17 AM BST

It's amazing isn't it. Why does it take them twice as many people to make a sketch show?

A couple of funny sketches tonight, but a lot of it didn't feel right.

Quote: Mark @ October 10 2008, 11:05 PM BST

It's amazing isn't it. Why does it take them twice as many people to make a sketch show?

A couple of funny sketches tonight, but a lot of it didn't feel right.

Yeah, it gives me an odd feel too. The odd chuckle, but after Harry and Paul, it just felt flat and empty.

I wish they'd stop with the camp/gay jokes. They just come off as a cheap laugh with no real thought put into them.

Quote: Gelgoog @ October 11 2008, 8:23 AM BST

I wish they'd stop with the camp/gay jokes. They just come off as a cheap laugh with no real thought put into them.

But if they stopped then that would be the majority of the show gone.

One of the sketches really made me laugh. But now I can't remember...

Oh yes! The woman saying 'chocolate' a million times.

I found that highly amusing. I don't mind the fat fighters ones. I suppose Marjorie Dawes is one of his oldest characters (having appeared as George's mum in Shooting Stars and everything.) Maybe the older characters are better.

Quote: zooo @ October 11 2008, 12:58 PM BST

One of the sketches really made me laugh. But now I can't remember...

Oh yes! The woman saying 'chocolate' a million times.

I found that highly amusing. I don't mind the fat fighters ones. I suppose Marjorie Dawes is one of his oldest characters (having appeared as George's mum in Shooting Stars and everything.) Maybe the older characters are better.

Yeah, the fat fighters ones are always good. I like the couple who've been married for ages as well; where he just talks and she never says anything. I really didn't like the two body builders; the whole point of that sketch just seemed to be to have them stood there in their 'funny' naked suits.

I liked the 'old woman on a porch' sketch. I laughed quite loud at that one.

Yes that couple are good. I liked him saying 'I'm really just waiting for you to die'.

Basically, the ones they've actually put some thought into, rather than the ones purely built around an easy gimmick.

Quote: zooo @ October 11 2008, 1:08 PM BST

Yes that couple are good. I liked him saying 'I'm really just waiting for you to die'.

Basically, the ones they've actually put some thought into, rather than the ones purely built around an easy gimmick.

Ex-ack-er-lee.