Going to see stand-up Page 13

One million Australian dollars.

How much does that translate into koala bear cubs and boomerangs?

£97 at Birmingham.

Quote: Curt @ October 8 2008, 4:57 PM BST

How much does that translate into koala bear cubs and boomerangs?

You could probably buy at least two boomerangs.

I have a boomerang. It is signed by the then world boomerang champion (or summink).

TRUFAX.

Quote: Leevil @ October 8 2008, 4:57 PM BST

£97 at Birmingham.

:O

Bet he's a national hero behind Steve Erwin.
I've had a few Aussie friends over the years (always seem to move back to Australia eventually).
He had never experienced Halloween so I brought him to a Halloween party. He was really excited until he saw someone with a zombie Steve Erwin costume. He was right angry actually and confronted the guy.
It made for a rather awkward night.

I have a boomerang too. It is not signed though.
My dad got it from somewhere weird.

Coogan's early reviews aren't that encouraging though.

Quote: zooo @ October 8 2008, 5:05 PM BST

My dad got it from somewhere weird.

Australia?

Quote: Seefacts @ October 8 2008, 5:06 PM BST

Coogan's early reviews aren't that encouraging though.

How was his older stuff? I've just sort of discovered him through Partridge.

Quote: Curt @ October 8 2008, 5:07 PM BST

Australia?

Well, maybe!...

Huh?

Quote: Curt @ October 8 2008, 5:05 PM BST

He had never experienced Halloween so I brought him to a Halloween party. He was really excited until he saw someone with a zombie Steve Erwin costume. He was right angry actually and confronted the guy.
It made for a rather awkward night.

Awesome. I wish it had been me in the costume.

Of course, I would never dress up as anything or anyone, but that's beside the point.

Quote: Curt @ October 8 2008, 5:07 PM BST

Australia?

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

i seen steve coogan on sunday. great show i was impressed with saxondale. alot of songs in the show. and the sketchs when coogan was getting dressed were good. but alan partridge made the night.

hellboy, capitals in posts, please!

(Thanks for the input though.)

Went to see some stand up at Roar with Laughter again (South London) and they had a mixture of acts up.

Lee Nelson was on first and by far got the best laughs. His act is literally "being a chav" and it works. At Roar with Laughter we don't tend to get picked on in the audience (it's very much not like that) and no one ever heckles... it's always a pleasant night but Lee involved us all and it was actually a nice change.

Joe Bor was next and did a very cute Middle Class lad act, which obviously came from real life observations and some bits were very funny but it was tough to follow Lee.

Things just went down hill then as the order in which they'd put people on just didn't work. Edward Aczel was next and as an act on his own (he's got very dry, slow humour) would have worked, but in a group of stand ups it felt a lot slower than normal and felt awkward.

Phil & Phill - officially Britain's best mates were next and ummmm I was a bit scared to be honest. Weird and just doesn't work. Their act needs honing and toning (as do they).

The person I was actually going to see "Will Smith" pulled out due to a lost voice and I was actually gutted. His act is polished and very amusing (however there were reports of over using the same act) and unfortunatley they replaced him with what could only be called "an weird looking ginger full of big words who's able to insult in an articulate manner". Andrew Lawrence was his name but I was scared, my friends were scared and I would definitely avoid seeing him again.