Only Fools and Horses back again? Page 2

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 26 2008, 9:45 PM BST

Such a shame when you see box sets of inferior sitcoms coming out ('Allo 'Allo!)

Inferior? You are officially mental.

Sorry to degrade, but have given it a go and it isn't funny. Good Moaning wasn't funny the first time, let alone the 384th time.

"Good moaning" is a classic line. The show is a work of genius, showing all three sides of the war in equal ridicule. It's great.

It's not. David Croft is very much like Bob Ferris from The Likely Lads. He has done well for himself, with Thelma, yet gets himself into trouble with Terry, who is a bad influence. Jimmy Perry is like Thelma, where he writes classic comedies Dad's Army, It Ain't Half Hot Mum and You Rang, M'Lord? and the very good Hi-De-Hi!. Yet then he gets into bad company with Jeremy Lloyd and writes second division stuff like Are You Being Served? and other weak comedies like 'Allo 'Allo!. So his good name (Perry/Thelma: car, house, badminton club) is brilliant and tremendious to the world of sitcom, yet he is dragged down (Lloyd/Collier: drinking/police stations/pub brawls). I hope I have made myself clear.

Clear, yes. Entirely incorrect, but clear. ;)

Anyway, we're going far off topic now. In summary, more old stuff needs to be on DVD.

Correct. Oh yes, just read it: Please avoid going off-topic in this forum. When was this notice put on the forum. Oh well at least we're talking about sitcoms, I'm sure you'd disapprove Aaron if we were talking about football, or talking in French or talking about football in French. I'm going off the topic here aren't I?

Yes.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 26 2008, 9:45 PM BST

It really angers me. Jason is such a comedy legend I want to see his early stuff. Such a shame when you see box sets of inferior sitcoms coming out ('Allo 'Allo!) and seeing these probable comedy gems in dusty vaults. Come on David, don't be a plonker all your life.

You can still get Do Not Adjust Your Set, I think.

For me when OFAH was at the top of it's game it was unbeatable, when it was at it's lowest it was still bloody funny.

I welcome another series as long as it they don't bring but such an icon to do something silly with aliens or something ;)

"inferior sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!" ... "classic comedies It Ain't Half Hot Mum and You Rang, M'Lord? and the very good Hi-De-Hi!"

Now I have seen everything.

I'm sorry, I had to get it off my chest.

Seems I've started a bit of a debate off on this thread... Whistling nnocently

I suppose they could always recast it from scratch with younger actors like they're doing with Minder.

Or, they could just f**king leave it, as they should have done in 1996. The law of diminishing returns is generally immutable in such matters.

Quote: WrongTale @ August 27 2008, 9:35 AM BST

"inferior sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!" ... "classic comedies It Ain't Half Hot Mum and You Rang, M'Lord? and the very good Hi-De-Hi!"

Now I have seen everything.

I'm sorry, I had to get it off my chest.

Laughing out loud

Pretty much what I was thinking, but heyho, each to their own.

Quote: catskillz @ March 13 2008, 11:47 PM BST

I always find that small men don't age as well as big men do.

Fiddle-faddle. Look at Al Pacino. He's tiny and he still looks great. And I think David Jason looks pretty good, although the older he's got the more he looks like his brother. As for this story, I think whenever David Jason does an interview he gets asked about Only Fools coming back and saying he'd do it if the scripts were right is one of his stock answers. I suspect it depends mainly on if Sullivan decided to write anymore. Hopefully he won't.

Hey