Only Fools and Horses back again? Page 7

If I had a choice of destroying every single copy of every episode in history from the moment Albert arrived onwards, or just destroying them all from the moment Raquel and Cassandra entered full time. I'd destroy the ones where Raquel and Cassandra entered the show full time. It really did go downhill then and it did so with no brakes. The only funny part of the show from that point on was Damien when he grew up into a teenager. He called Rodney "Honky" and stuff like that as he was a rapper wannabe and wanted his dad "Delboy" to go into jail so he wouldn't be feeling left out due to all his pals dads being in jail.

The style of the show did change somewhat as it went on. However, I think it was all good. I see both the early and latter styles as having their different strengths. Can't think of an episode I really didn't like or think was good. I like it all. There might be 1 episode (a special) that I haven't seen - not the very later specials.

They could have finished it earlier, but instead took risks which in my opinion actually worked. That they worked were to Sullivan's credit - because that reflects his quality as a writer. One of the best sitcoms in my book. I'd give it an A+. It's as good as anything has got. Although Fawlty Towers and One Foot ITG still top my personal list.

The episode when it entered a different phase and it wasn't about making money was 'The Frog's Legacy', as Sullivan once said that with 'Dates' he needed to open it up a bit more, away from the gimmick of Del selling something which had something wrong with it.

Quote: Steve Charlie @ October 14 2011, 2:03 AM BST

The style of the show did change somewhat as it went on. However, I think it was all good. I see both the early and latter styles as having their different strengths.

That.

How can it, the writer is dead. Although they could get a different writer.

I always thought OFAH was way more exciting than Respectable.

OFAH Has been exciting for every episode. The worst episode of OFAH is the best episode of a another sitcom.

I really can't see how it could have come back at Christmas 2011 when the last ones were so badly received. I don't think the ratings or the money would have been there. A problem, ratings-wise, for the last couple of specials - I think - was the huge lack of publicity. The BBC wanted to keep so much of the plot a secret that many people I spoke to had no idea it was on or that it wasn't just repeat.

The BBC would have fallen over itself to jump at the chance.

It would have been nice to see this return. But John has sadly left us and I think it wouldn't be the same without him writing it. John - Rest in Peace

Exciting news about it coming back. I hope it happens. The prospect of Sullivan's sons writing it is a very promising one. Do you think anything will come of this?

I hope so but I don't know.

Quote: Tim Azure @ 22nd December 2013, 9:03 AM GMT

Unnecessarily feudal though, don't you think? Did they write with him when he was alive?

One (or maybe both?) wrote/co-wrote episodes of 'The Green Green Grass'. I'm not aware of anything else they may have done.

Dear God nooooooo

Stop ruining the legacy of this once great show

The last few specials were bloody awful

Let the damn show r.i.p.

As much as I love OFAH, I think it would be nice to leave it where it is but I would love to see the cast get together and re-unite for a special documentary or something.