Only Fools and Horses back again?

Not sure if anyone has allready mentioned this, but I heard on the radio yesterday that David Jason said he would be willing to do more episodes if the scripts were right, and the rest of the cast agreed.

A lot of people think it should never have been brought back after they became millionares, but I enjoyed those episodes.

The one with the Garry gang, and the Uncle Alberts in France is one of my fav episodes.

I loved the bit where Trigger was describing his dream woman to Denzil.

David Jason is a greedy c-nt!

Great show, but don't do anymore. Grandad/Albert were one of the shows main attractions so it is difficult without them. The three when they came back weren't very good. Reference about Jason's first starring sitcom, ATV's A Sharp Intake Of Breath I've only seen one epiosde and it was extremely funny, but Jason doesn't want it on DVD with fear of him being too famous. That's what I read somewhere some time ago.

If that's true, what a selfish git!

I'm all about the Reboot! Reboot reboot reboot!

I'm pretty sure just a couple of years ago David Jason said he definitely wasn't going to do any more? Obviously he's had a change of heart / bank balance.

p.s. I've updated the thread title so that it doesn't get confused with other threads about the show.

I always find that small men don't seem to age as well as big men do. Jason is very small, and just looks too old and frail to come back as the cocky Del Boy. The bloke who plays Boycie, on the other hand, is a big man, and the years have been a lot kinder to him, hence him still being able to pull off playing the character.

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 12 2008, 4:39 PM BST

Great show, but don't do anymore. Grandad/Albert were one of the shows main attractions so it is difficult without them. The three when they came back weren't very good. Reference about Jason's first starring sitcom, ATV's A Sharp Intake Of Breath I've only seen one epiosde and it was extremely funny, but Jason doesn't want it on DVD with fear of him being too famous. That's what I read somewhere some time ago.

Quote: Aaron @ March 12 2008, 4:46 PM BST

If that's true, what a selfish git!

Yes, found infomation regarding early starring Jason roles and why they're not out on DVD on IMDb.

A Sharp Intake Of Breath:
In the early 1990s, the newly-formed "ITC Home Video" label wanted to release 'Breath' on VHS, but Jason, for reasons best known to himself, objected. His decision was especially perplexing when one recalls his apparent pride in the show at the time. Whatever his reasons, the prospect of 'Breath' gathering dust in a vault somewhere for years while other inferior series come out on DVD is depressing indeed.

The Top Secret Life Of Edgar Briggs (A 1974 Jason starring sitcom)
Unfortunately, that is all you can see. Jason will not permit his early starring shows either to be repeated or released on DVD, and this is amongst them.

So this is very sad and I think very unfair of Jason as I would love to see him in his early roles.

I seem to recall that he had long string of flops at LWT, so much so that eyebrows were raised as to why they persisted with him. This lead to rumours that his relationship with Humphry Barclay was more than professional.

Please God don't bring it back - isn't Green Green Grass bad enough?

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 26 2008, 5:14 PM BST

Yes, found infomation regarding early starring Jason roles and why they're not out on DVD on IMDb.

A Sharp Intake Of Breath:
In the early 1990s, the newly-formed "ITC Home Video" label wanted to release 'Breath' on VHS, but Jason, for reasons best known to himself, objected. His decision was especially perplexing when one recalls his apparent pride in the show at the time. Whatever his reasons, the prospect of 'Breath' gathering dust in a vault somewhere for years while other inferior series come out on DVD is depressing indeed.

The Top Secret Life Of Edgar Briggs (A 1974 Jason starring sitcom)
Unfortunately, that is all you can see. Jason will not permit his early starring shows either to be repeated or released on DVD, and this is amongst them.

So this is very sad and I think very unfair of Jason as I would love to see him in his early roles.

Hark at Barker is being released soon though right? I don't think it's uncommon for actors to not want some of their early work to be released if they feel that it didn't do them justice. Didn't Rowan Atkinson refuse to have the pilot episode of Blackadder included on one of the DVDs?

I also don't think that Jason is entirely money oriented as he has had to put off other projects to do Only Fools in the past which has actually lost him money.

Yes, but Hark at Barker didn't see Jason as the main star, so therefore probably doesn't have any right to decide if or not.

Hi,

It's a brilliant show, but I am not sure if it can come back as the cast are older now and it wouldn't look right. Also, if it wasn't good then it would tarnish the show - but if it did come back I would still watch it.

The last 3 specials they did are proof that it should never, EVER come back.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 26 2008, 5:14 PM BST

*snip*

Blimey! I would love to see those shows. Damnit. :(

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 26 2008, 6:00 PM BST

Yes, but Hark at Barker didn't see Jason as the main star, so therefore probably doesn't have any right to decide if or not.

I'm not entirely certain how the rights things work, but I think they need clearance from EVERYONE. However, despite his own personal performance, I think Jason has huge respect for the formiddable talent and range of Ronnie Barker, and would bow to Ronnie's masterful performances.

At the time of A Sharp Intake of Breath, Jason was quoted as saying "I Love Old Barnsey" (as the character he played was Peter Barnes). Other comedy legend Richard Wilson also appeared in it. So surprised at this stuborness. Watched one episode and very good. There was a really good bit where Peter stays at a hotel and receives his bill. He takes a sharp intake of breath (excuse the bad pun) and says: "Blimey, have you added the date on to this?"
But it is believed that the show went a bit down-hill when the show's creator and writer Ronnie Taylor suddenly died and was replaced by Vince Powell, whose first script was a copy of a Bless This House episode with Jason in the Sid James role. Would love to see more, if anyone has any copies...
The 1974 series The Top Secret Life of Edgar Briggs was another early starring Jason sitcom, this time working for the secret service, it looks interesting and would be a great DVD to own. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_W8Z5p2Go

It really angers me. Jason is such a comedy legend I want to see his early stuff. Such a shame when you see box sets of inferior sitcoms coming out ('Allo 'Allo!) and seeing these probable comedy gems in dusty vaults. Come on David, don't be a plonker all your life.