The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 1 Page 5

Did you watch it zooo? I can't remember if you said you missed it or not.

I watched most of it.

What did you think?

I liked most of what I saw!
Some of it was reeeally funny, but as usual I can't remember which bits.

Oh! I remember one. That Jodie Marsh autobiography sketch.

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2008, 4:24 PM BST

I liked most of what I saw!
Some of it was reeeally funny, but as usual I can't remember which bits.

Same here. But there were a lot of sketches to be fair.
The Stalone clip where he just goes 'What?' made me laugh.
And the Lineker one.

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2008, 4:25 PM BST

Oh! I remember one. That Jodie Marsh autobiography sketch.

Oh yeah! Where she's really posh!

Quote: ian_w @ July 26 2008, 3:11 PM BST

I loved it! I laughed my arse off practically all the way through.
One or two flops, but that's inevitable.
Great stuff, can't wait for next week's.

Did you choose the son or the daughter?

Haha!

Quote: Aaron @ July 26 2008, 4:54 PM BST

Did you choose the son or the daughter?

That really was f**king funny!

That got a huge laugh from me at the press launch dealie, but then someone else actually mentioned it specifically as having not liked it!

The ticking arms was probably the best bit, visually.

Ticking arms?

Uhm. Not sure how to describe it. Wait for the sketch to appear on YouTube I guess!

I liked it. Thought there were some hit and miss bits but the hits had me laughing out loud and the misses were so slow it didn't really matter. It was bloody fast though -- much faster than even The Fast Show!

And I did think 'F**k me, she *really* looks like Jodie Marsh!' and there, in the credits, 'special appearance by Jodie Marsh'. Kudos to her for a) a great performance and b) willing to laugh at herself.

Agree with the one-poster about Kevin mimicry at times though; some of his impressions are rubbish, but it kind of adds to the laughs tbh!

Will be watching this series to the end, I suspect.

Dan

Nothing personal at all. He just came accross on charlotte Church as a spoled bratt. Sorry i really didnt find any of it funny as simple as that and it made me extremely angry that CH4 has f**ked up again.
If you enjoyed it good for you. Sorry needed to vent and short of complaining to C4 I did a search on reviews this morning to see if I was going mental or it really was as flat as I thought it was. This place and this thread came up in the search. Sorry if I offended but it really got my goat.

Quote: gary ash @ July 26 2008, 9:35 PM BST

Nothing personal at all. He just came accross on charlotte Church as a spoled bratt.

Wow, coming across as a spoiled brat whilst sat next to Charlotte Church. I liked the show (Bishops that is), but that IS damning :) I rather see him than her. I can't believe she got a second series. Maybe she gave someone at C4 some of her millions to keep herself on the air.

Sorry needed to vent and short of complaining to C4 I did a search on reviews this morning to see if I was going mental or it really was as flat as I thought it was. This place and this thread came up in the search. Sorry if I offended but it really got my goat.

Fill your boots mate, I'm sure worse has been said (printed). No one's taking it personally. They'll just wanna pick your brains for a bit. :)

Nothing personal at all. He just came accross on charlotte Church as a spoled bratt. Sorry i really didnt find any of it funny as simple as that and it made me extremely angry that CH4 has f**ked up again.
If you enjoyed it good for you. Sorry needed to vent and short of complaining to C4 I did a search on reviews this morning to see if I was going mental or it really was as flat as I thought it was. This place and this thread came up in the search. Sorry if I offended but it really got my goat.

Welcome to the site, Gary!

I don't think anyone's offended at all - we're all entitled to our opinions. That's what this thread's for after all, to let us know what you thought of the programme.
If it's not your bag it's not your bag, but I think, at least judging by the people on here, most seemed to enjoy it.