The Kevin Bishop Show - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: Leevil @ July 25 2008, 10:14 PM BST

Some funny stuff, some not funny stuff. It's good, if a little too fast.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

The bang, bang, bang format got a bit tiring after a while. (Well I am getting on a bit!)

The doctor one, probably the longest sketch there, was awful. Big mistake to include it IMO.

Which was the doctor sketch?

Very good. Excellent to finally see a sketch show that makes me laugh out loud, and want more when it's finished. Must have good writers.

Quote: zooo @ July 25 2008, 10:43 PM BST

Which was the doctor sketch?

Not Doctor Who, don't worry. There was a bit about a Dr Smallcock diagnosing a new illness. It wasn't very funny.

Quote: Aaron @ July 25 2008, 10:32 PM BST

Is that what Mrs Nil says?

Yeah, when I can get her off the phone.

Quote: David Chapman @ July 25 2008, 10:40 PM BST

(Well I am getting on a bit!)

Awww, come on David, that's just not true.

A bit??

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 25 2008, 10:55 PM BST

Yeah, when I can get her off the phone.

LOL.

Quote: Leevil @ July 25 2008, 10:27 PM BST

Liked the R Kelly music video :D

"Check her ID, Check her other ID, photocopy that ID." lol

Oh, I really enjoyed it. Some really good stuff, some medicore (sp?) stuff. I really enjoyed the Stephen Hawking sketch, Indian Jones, Walken Crisps, also the skydiver.

Groundhog Gay? Groundhog Gay? I switched off after this. I presume there was better bits?

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 25 2008, 11:09 PM BST

"Check her ID, Check her other ID, photocopy that ID." lol
some medicore (sp?)

Mediocre :) (N.B - smiley is not used sarcastically!)

My favourites were the Stephen Hawking & Westwood sketch, and the Indiana Jones one. Champion episode! Will watch next week!

Quote: al_gernon @ July 25 2008, 11:11 PM BST

Groundhog Gay? Groundhog Gay? I switched off after this. I presume there was better bits?

There were much much better bits than that! Probably one of its lowest sketches!

Really enjoyed it; had me laughing like a fool several times; much, much more then any recent sketch show. I especially liked the bit with actors auditioning, like Al Pacino doing Superman. Will be interesting to see if the quality keeps up, as a lot of sketch shows tend to nose dive after an episode or two; I hope it does becuase the pilot and this first episode have both been great.

I was once told by an apparent comedy professional that mock adverts just don't work on comedy sketch shows, but I thought they worked really well on this show? Esp the Sienna Miller/Gordon Brown perfumes .

The Gordon Brown one was particularly ace.

Yeah, they were good.