I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,762

I see the usual suspects are using their favourite term 'flag shaggers again.
A foreign company has decided to change the flag of St George on England's football shirt to a different colour(s)
I don't understand why - or why it is allowed.
It is England's flag for the English football team. Not the UK's or Great Britain - England.
I hope they all play with their collars up (like the under 21 player last night) (and Eric Cantona lol)
Nike make shirts for many national teams without defacing their flags. What is at the bottom of this?

I think it looks fine.

80 years ago you'd have been jailed for such treason. 😬

Germany also unhappy that their Adidas has lost the contract for the first time ever to another country's. So there's some good come out of it.

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd March 2024, 9:56 AM

I think it looks fine.

I could have posted that for you.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd March 2024, 10:10 AM

I could have posted that for you.

Likewise.

Btw look what the tories did to our precious Union Jack in the last general election- outrage?

"...but Sunak said on Friday: "Obviously I prefer the original, and my general view is that when it comes to our national flags, we shouldn't mess with them."

Apparently they've used different coloured crosses on the kit several times before, but no one was bothered until now.
Of course now there's the word 'woke' that people can apply to anything to get people all riled up. It's like magic.

Yep

Certain sad people seem to sit there with a pad and pen and everyday they scour the internet, television, newspapers desperately looking for something, anything that they can in some way be offended by

Get a hobby

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd March 2024, 10:51 AM

Yep

Certain sad people seem to sit there with a pad and pen and everyday they scour the internet, television, newspapers desperately looking for something, anything that they can in some way be offended by

Get a hobby

What's that?.........................Pot and Kettle?

Yep......................

That's just what I was thinking.

Nope, not me

I'm with Kathy in this

"I love being 'woke'. It's much nicer than being an ignorant f**king twat."

The irony keeps on coming.....

Yes, yesterday was a good day for the permanently outraged.
From the "Minuscule logo based loosely on England flag, which never appears on the England kit anyway, made me gay", to "Halal Easter eggs!!" (all chocolate is Halal) and cross-less Hot Cross buns.
It's almost as if people are purposely trying to wind these fools up....

Fools and ignorant twats. You lefty wokes are actually quite nasty about anyone who has a variance of opinion.

Ulrika Johnson saying Gladiators is now woke cos they don't have half naked cheerleaders running around the stage anymore

You would think she may think this a good thing , after the way she was perved over by the letches that worked with her on the show in the 80's

"I was probably a bit of totty in his eyes, so he put me in really slinky clothes", says Jonsson. "I remember standing there with my boobs up here thinking, this is horrible. Nowadays you'd put your foot down straight away, but it wasn't the climate. And also, I'd just been given a big show to do, so you don't want to kick up a fuss."

Oh stop complaining you woke moron! Get 'em out and shut it

P.s Gladiators is still very similar to its original incarnation, in that its still utter f**king crap

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd March 2024, 11:38 AM

It's much nicer than being an ignorant f**king twat."

Charming!

I hope that's not me you are talking about.

I just flipped over to gbeebies as I knew they would be devoting hours to this nonsense

One of their goons was outside Wembley going down a queue of England fans asking about what they think of the new shirt design

"Love it"

"Love it"

"It's fine"

"It's ok"

Clearly getting nowhere

"What about the St George's flag, does that bother you?"

"Nah!"

"No it doesn't matter, I'm more bothered about the cost of the shirt"

No of them gave a flying shit!