I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,760

Quote: DaButt @ 16th March 2024, 5:03 PM

I thought you were posting about the upcoming launch (and part of me still does, owing to the circumstances), so I simply corrected you by stating the fact that the spacecraft had yet to launch.

There was nothing to correct!! I was merely highlighting the stupidity of "rapid unscheduled disassembly" over the simplicity of "explosion", but you chose to completely misuse my post so you could score some points, or so it seems.

I am at a complete loss to know why you took this attitude, and again I state it was absolutely nothing to with any rocket launch directly.

Bloody Hell! Can you not see that? And as for having a dig at your country, you shouldn't be so sensitive, because let's face it, most of that right on verbal diarrhoea comes from the USA.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th March 2024, 9:30 AM

***thouse

Haha :D

😁

I've enjoyed Herc and DaButt proving that the 'special relationship' between our two countries is as strong as ever.

Quote: chipolata @ 17th March 2024, 7:47 AM

I've enjoyed Herc and DaButt proving that the 'special relationship' between our two countries is as strong as ever.

We should be selling tickets

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th March 2024, 11:42 PM

I am at a complete loss to know why you took this attitude, and again I state it was absolutely nothing to with any rocket launch directly.

Fast-forward to the day of an upcoming UK election, and imagine this:

(Some guy with a name that rhymes with Softhouse): "Ha! The Tories said they'd win the election by a landslide, and Labour just humiliated them!"

(Some guy whose name rhymes with Twerk): "Pardon me sir, but the polls haven't even opened yet."

(Some guy with a name that rhymes with Softhouse): "I wasn't talking about this particular election! I was talking about past elections! I didn't even know there was an election today! You never even considered that possibility!"

(Everyone else): <heads explode>

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th March 2024, 11:42 PM

And as for having a dig at your country, you shouldn't be so sensitive, because let's face it, most of that right on verbal diarrhoea comes from the USA.

Is this where I start making digs at your country?

From IGNITION! - An Informal History of Liquid Rocket Propellants by John D. Clark (1972):

http://www.sciencemadness.org/library/books/ignition.pdf

LMFAO!! πŸ˜†

advantage USA

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜†

Quote: DaButt @ 17th March 2024, 5:09 PM

You've gone to a lot of trouble there to prove nothing - we were talking about "rapid unscheduled disassembly" which was used in the US to described Musk's latest disaster.

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th March 2024, 6:26 PM

LMFAO!! πŸ˜†

advantage USA

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜†

Be careful ***thouse, you might choke on your "laughing" fit, and there's no effin' advantage at all.

Dear oh dear, talk about childish - somebody buy you a book of emojis?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th March 2024, 12:37 AM

You've gone to a lot of trouble there to prove nothing - we were talking about "rapid unscheduled disassembly" which was used in the US to described Musk's latest disaster.

"rapid unscheduled disassembly" = 9 syllables
"catastrophic self-disassembly" = 9 syllables

Are you no longer overly concerned about "the ridiculous and stupid gobbledygook verbose executive speak ... for the simple one word "explosion" that everybody would understand"?

I really don't know where you are trying to go with this or trying to prove - you just seem to want to dig your hole deeper and not make sense.

I simply posted ""Rapid unscheduled disassembly" is what occurred with Muskie's Space X rocket.", with NO mention of what or where or when, just highlighting the ridiculous executive speak for the much simpler "explosion".

But then you took it on yourself to castigate me by saying "It hasn't even launched yet.", (rattling ***thouse's cage on the way), but wouldn't accept that I was criticising the phrase, which had nothing to do with a specific launch.

And now, never wrong, you seem to want to drag on what is a lost cause - just give it up! As it is now very tiresome.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th March 2024, 12:20 PM

It hasn't even launched yet.

πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th March 2024, 11:07 AM

I really don't know where you are trying to go with this or trying to prove - you just seem to want to dig your hole deeper and not make sense.

I'm making perfect sense, and you have changed course several times over the last four days.

I simply posted ""Rapid unscheduled disassembly" is what occurred with Muskie's Space X rocket.", with NO mention of what or where or when, just highlighting the ridiculous executive speak for the much simpler "explosion".

Your first response was to paste a link to a post-launch story in an attempt to back up your original post. You then incorrectly stated that there had been more than three Starship launch failures. Next, you tried to reframe your original post as being solely related to a news report and claiming ignorance of the upcoming launch, while there is a zero percent chance that the news report wasn't focused on the upcoming launch. And then it was all about those nasty Yanks (African Yanks?) and their overly wordy term for an explosion, but I provided proof that such phrases predate Musk by decades and have British origins.

And now, never wrong, you seem to want to drag on what is a lost cause - just give it up!

I am quite intelligent, but I am occasionally wrong. When I am wrong, I will readily admit it. About this subject, I am not wrong.

You say tomato.
I say rapid unscheduled disassembly
Lets call the whole thing off.
πŸš€πŸ’₯πŸ”₯

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th March 2024, 4:13 PM

You say tomato.
πŸš€πŸ’₯πŸ”₯

🀣🀣🀣

Dirty donations from racist shitheads Tory bounce

πŸ’₯New polling by @DeltapollUK - the gap between Labour & Tories has widened by six percentage points since last weekπŸ’₯

Lab: 46%
Con: 23%

They never once asked me.
Did they ask you?

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th March 2024, 4:13 PM

You say tomato.
πŸš€πŸ’₯πŸ”₯

Couldn't agree more - finding it very tiresome now, as I expect everyone (well, some) is.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th March 2024, 4:48 PM

They never once asked me.
Did they ask you?

No.

Neither did Redfield and Wilton

Labour leads by 26%.

Tied-lowest Conservative % with Rishi Sunak as PM.

Westminster Voting Intention (17 March):

Labour 47% (+5)
Conservative 21% (-3)
Reform UK 14% (-)
Liberal Democrat 8% (-4)
Green 6% (+1)
SNP 3% (+1)

Ouch!! 🀩🀩🀩

If Farage becomes Reform leader, the Tories could finish the GE back in third place

And I would piss myself laughing so much I may well drown