I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,767

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st April 2024, 11:09 AM

We don't need a referendum to form closer ties to the EU, via SM, Norway-style deal etc etc.
The majority see the sense in it now and Labour will be pushing against an open door.

And the brexit benefits just keep on coming...

"LONDON - The government's new Brexit trade border system will create a "gaping hole" for animal diseases to enter the U.K., health chiefs overseeing the U.K's busiest port have warned.

In a letter to MPs the head of the Dover Port Health Authority accused ministers of being "complacent" to the risk of the spread of illnesses like African Swine Fever.

The government "will create a gaping hole in this border that does not currently exist, and specifically when it comes to the entry of high-risk rest of world animal products," Lucy Manzano, head of Dover Port Health Authority, said."

Some Brexiteers would rather catch African swine fever than admit the whole thing has been an utter shit show

Our water company posted a tweet this morning saying the hosepipe ban is still in place because reservoirs are still low due to leaks.
Thousands replied in horror and condemnation.
Then at midday, they tweeted April fool.

You listening ****house, no April Fools jokes after 12

It used to be comical seeing right wingers valiantly defending "our Brexit" (Daily Express), now it's just pathetic.

It's because we didn't Brexit 'properly'.
It would have been brilliant otherwise.
😂

But I thought Boris got it "done", and everyone adores that lovable scamp?

Oh hang on, actually no I just remembered he's a bloody imbecile who talks absolute cobblers about anything and everything when he isn't just lying out of his fat arse

"At the launch of Conservative Party's campaign at the NEC in Birmingham, Johnson said of his deal: "Whack it in the microwave, gas mark... I'm not very good at cooking... gas mark four.

"Prick the lid. Put it in, and then we can get on... we can put this deal through Parliament."

A microwave? Gas mark?

I bet he's never made a meal in his life

Quote: beaky @ 1st April 2024, 4:03 PM

It used to be comical seeing right wingers valiantly defending "our Brexit" (Daily Express), now it's just pathetic.

I don't know where the idea came from that leaving the EU was a left/right division. There were Conservative MPs who campaigned to remain; there were Labour MPs who campaigned to leave (Kate Hoey, Frank Field perhaps the two most well known). Jeremy Corbyn certainly didn't campaign to remain Going back I'm sure that the likes of Tony Benn and Michael Foot would have been surprised to learn that taking an anti-Europe stance was solely the province of "right wingers".

And Boris of course was pro EU

"This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms," Mr Johnson wrote. "The membership fee seems rather small for all that access. Why are we so determined to turn our back on it?"

Until it suited his desperate thirst for power to do a complete u-turn and want the exact opposite instead

Mr U Turn did you say.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st April 2024, 7:05 PM

I don't know where the idea came from that leaving the EU was a left/right division. There were Conservative MPs who campaigned to remain; there were Labour MPs who campaigned to leave (Kate Hoey, Frank Field perhaps the two most well known). Jeremy Corbyn certainly didn't campaign to remain Going back I'm sure that the likes of Tony Benn and Michael Foot would have been surprised to learn that taking an anti-Europe stance was solely the province of "right wingers".

Yes yes yes and not only them but actually millions of Labour voters voted for Brexit. If they hadn't, there is no feasible way the leave vote would've won.

Brexit would not have happened without a huge working class vote for it. I lost count of the number of people I spoke to in the run up to the vote who said they're voting out, almost every one. It was obvious to me the polls had got it wrong again. Infact the leave vote was mostly won on the experience of workers' wages having stagnated due to mass immigration having flooded the labour market.

The deflated remain voters twisted it into a racist neo nazi uprising, mainly out of revenge and ignorance of the real factors behind it.

And yet net migration has nearly tripled since 2016.

Thats not all that's nearly tripled

"The number of people sleeping rough in England rose by 27% in a year, with charities branding the statistics a "source of national shame".

Nevermind, Rishi is going to criminalise them soon

as long as he can persuade enough of the rats left in his party to vote for it

Hew Edwards has taken £439,000 of our expensive TV license money in salary since he was suspended and has not read one news item.
Make no wonder it's going up
3000 of us pay the license just for the dirty bugger's wage.

Liz Truss has written a new book- "Ten Years to Save the West"

I prefer her earlier work though "49 Days to destroy the economy and make an absolute prat of yourself"

Quote: chipolata @ 31st March 2024, 11:35 AM

Excellent. Another silly flag story we have to pretend we all care about.

These flag stories are getting like buses.

Quote: chipolata @ 3rd April 2024, 6:36 AM

These flag stories are getting like buses.

But, unlike the buses, this is actually organised.