Status report Page 6,143

Boarded my flight in Amsterdam. Next stop is Minneapolis in about 10 hours. Just said goodbye to my son and his wife. Great trip, but now that it's over I wish I were home. Not looking forward to waking up for work at 4 AM Sunday morning - 5 hours after I land.

The facebook account of one of my friend's has been hacked. I asked her if she wanted money and she's given me "her" bank account details. Does anyone know what I can do with this?

The self-service check-out at Morrisons failed to eject my 2p change. Then, on the way home, I found a 5p coin on the pavement. So I'm 3p up on the deal (as Basil Fawlty might have said).

I wouldn't normally bend down for less than 50p (as Julian Clary might have said). There's always a danger I won't make it up again. But, on this occasion, I felt it was divine intervention. And it will save me a sleepless night fretting about that lost 2p.

The God of Small Things is alive and well!

Quote: beaky @ 3rd November 2022, 12:41 PM

The God of Small Things is alive and well!

Phew, that's me covered then

Haven't even been home for a week and I'm back at the airport. Making a quick trip to sunny Florida to visit my parents. My daughter, her husband, and my youngest grandchild are joining me - they'll be on my flight from Houston to Fort Lauderdale.

These $13 airport beers are making me sad.

A hurricane has cropped up, so we had to extend our Florida holiday until Friday. Hurricane party, anyone?

Do you blow a lot of money?

Survived Hurricane Nicole. Strong winds and rain for 24+ hours, but no catastrophic damage. November hurricanes are rare, and this one was minimal. We opened the garage door and sat on sofas and watched it all unfold last night. Many beers were consumed. :)

So here we are again with the annual debacle of booking a Christmas delivery slot for the groceries.

Email from Tesco - they are opening for slot bookings at 6 this morning, so set me alarm for 5.30, but find I cannot log on to my PC because my wireless keyboard has stopped working - effin' typical batteries run out at a vital time.

Scrab round for batteries and log on - it is now 5.45, and I find myself in a queue, of which I am 6,963rd !!.

An hour and a half later, I'm in, booked and.................................relax.

Oh the joys of Christmas

Had a shingles jab this morning "Yes, it's a one off for the over 70s we've done for a number of years"- I see, well I'm well over 70 and had never had it offered before.

So, I wonder if that is the full set now - in the last two months, Covid, Flu and now Shingles.

"Needles don't bother you then?"

"Me? No. I've had too many of them, my dear. I've 'ad the lot. I've got arms like pin cushions. Yes, I reckon I've 'ad a syringeful of everything that's going in my time. Needles the size of drainpipes some of 'em. You name it, I've 'ad It!"

So, you've had more pricks than......

A girl at work said she was going away for a few days. I asked where and she said Dubai. I said oh hard luck. She smiled thinking I was being sarcastic.

That's my World Cup decorations down for another four years. 100% Christmas from today.

In case you are wondering, or even care. ? Here I am at 5:30 in the morning, hoping I can get and emergency dentist today to take out this bloody tooth that is playing me up! Grrrrrrrrrrrr