Tory leadership Page 14

Quote: beaky @ 13th July 2022, 12:39 PM

Why on Earth do you say that Sunak sounds like Julian Clary when he manifestly doesn't, unless you think that implying that someone is gay is a bad thing in your book? Also that gay men aren't proper men? I find your homophobia both pathetic and offensive.

Eh?

You are not actually hearing me as me.

You are just talking to and listening to your own opinions and getting unnecessarily aggravated in the process.

Bullshit! What you mean to imply is perfectly obvious.

Quote: beaky @ 13th July 2022, 1:25 PM

I think your condition is that by instinct you don't get anywhere near asking people what they mean by what they say.

You just dictatorially and erroneously try to territorialise their minds with your own fantasy notions.

So you are not engaged in a conversation with someone else.

You are just in some kind of internal row of your own.

You are still doing it.

I suggest that you don't be quite so hard on yourself.

PS A kind bit of friendly, constructive and educational advice : try not to think so much in lazy tropes.

A tricky situation here.
One was sure he meant no offence
And the other was sure he did.
I make no opinion either way as 'offence is very subjective.
However, you are both my secret heros for different reasons so a sudden fall out is a suprise.

Hunt and Zahawi out - everyone else through.
So there's a fair few slightly less than hard-right votes knocking about - good news for Fishy Richie, I should imagine.

Rather amusingly the Tories could end up worse without Boris. So it looks like the dastardly BBC remoaner plot has worked.

I think Labour would rather have Truss than Mordaunt.
Poor Liz isa lot less assured and is prone to bouts of talking absolute gobbledegook.
Rishi will win the MP vote but will struggle among the Membership, I reckon.

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th July 2022, 5:29 PM

Poor Liz isa lot less assured and is prone to bouts of talking absolute gobbledegook.
Rishi will win the MP vote but will struggle among the Membership, I reckon.

My worry with Mordaunt - and it is a plus for Labours - is that she fracks.

Also, there is going to be a revelation about one of the candidates and a special adviser if that candidates gets into the last two so that they will try with it to get the membership on side for Sunaks.

I don't know who it is - but what I do know is that it isn't Sunak.

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th July 2022, 5:29 PM

Poor Liz isa lot less assured and is prone to bouts of talking absolute gobbledegook..

One of the things they will throw at Starmer during an election is that he was a staunch remainer

But they can hardly do that when there is countless photos of Truss on the remainer campaign trail plus plenty of interviews where she was glowing about the EU and wanting to stay in it

Quote: beaky @ 13th July 2022, 1:25 PM

Oh you obviously aren't up to speed??

Horse is mental

Yep

Doesn't mean anything about anything he says

Don't worry you'll get the hang of him

Poor dude is completely nuts

Cruella is soldiering on, despite only just getting across the line - Steve Baker still giving her the ERG seal of approval.
Lots of muttering on the hard-right that they should get behind the one candidate - trouble is they all think it should be them.

Penny Mordaunt is getting s lot of flack about her 'extreme' woke views, so it'll be interesting how she does in the next round since Tories seem obsessed with wokery more than anything else.

Cruella and Badenoch bang on about 'woke' quite a lot.
Perhaps you're right - a bit of the old Wokey-Cockey coming up?

? "You put your Right-wing in, you take your Right-Wing out...."

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th July 2022, 7:16 PM

Cruella and Badenoch bang on about 'woke' quite a lot.
Perhaps you're right - a bit of the old Wokey-Cockey coming up?

? "You put your Right-wing in, you take your Right-Wing out...."

But they do kind of haves a point when there is a war on and the economy's going down the drains and Covid's coming backs again along with polo and monkey puzzle disease and 80% of the time you switch on the BBC randomly it is just programmes about buddhists and buddhist rights and what exactly is a buddhist and the history of buddhism and have buddhists got two nostrils. All featuring buddhist people.

I happens to like buddhists very much and have even championed them but I don't want them in my earlobes the entire time thanks very much. It is entirely disproportionates. It isn't only the life and death issues of the news which are just dropped and pretended aways. Interesting programmes about lettuces and moths and Vera Lynn are taken off because of the fact that they are not in their appropriate sized box.

.....and actually it isn't an identity point per se. It is about the obsessional natures of them all - first it is absolute obsessions on Covid as if there is nothing else, then they just drop it as if it has gone, next it is absolute obsessions on Ukraine as if there is nothing else, then they just drop it as if it has gone, next it is trans matters as if there is nothing else then ditto, next it is the Tory Party Election as if there is nothing else and ditto.........you get two months in a row where every single adverts is about terminal illness and then the next month they are dropped as if it doesn't exists at all, same with gambling ads etc. It is like we are being run by a bunch of two year olds who are totally obsessed with one toy until they are not interested in it at all.

It's ridiculous.

I tells you how it is. Some woman comes in. We pays her hundreds of thousands of pounds for talking rubbish at which she is a natural and everyone laps it up because they don't think shes is nuts. She's that much of a hypnotist. It's obviously close to evil. She gets rid of Steve Wright and replaces him with Scott Mills. That is all she amounts to - or not much more - and everyone says oh what an innovators she is and what a visionary and so broads thinking. After which she gives us Scott Mills and Scott Mills and Scott Mills and Scott Mills and Scott Mills and Scott Mills. That's when she is not off on yet another holiday. Then she leaves on a huge pensions to great applause at how she completely changed everythings with 24/7 Scott Mills.

What this doesn't mean is that my starting points is I'm anti Scott Mills but what it does means is that by the time the two of them have finisheds then I probably will have moved, yes, to the ideas that he should be locked in a tower forever more, gagged, and preferably with the key thrown into the sea.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 13th July 2022, 10:09 PM

.....and actually it isn't an identity point per se. It is about the obsessional natures of them all - first it is absolute obsessions on Covid as if there is nothing else, then they just drop it as if it has gone, next it is absolute obsessions on Ukraine as if there is nothing else, then they just drop it as if it has gone, next it is trans matters as if there is nothing else then ditto, next it is the Tory Party Election as if there is nothing else and ditto.........you get two months in a row where every single adverts is about terminal illness and then the next month they are dropped as if it doesn't exists at all, same with gambling ads etc. It is like we are being run by a bunch of two year olds who are totally obsessed with one toy until they are not interested in it at all.

It's ridiculous.

I tells you how it is. Some woman comes in. We pays her hundreds of thousands of pounds for talking rubbish at which she is a natural and everyone laps it up because they don't think shes is nuts. She's that much of a hypnotist. It's obviously close to evil. She gets rid of Steve Wright and replaces him with Scott Mills. That is all she amounts to - or not much more - and everyone says oh what an innovators she is and what a visionary and so broads thinking. After which she gives us Scott Mills and Scott Mills and Scott Mills and Scott Mills and Scott Mills and Scott Mills. That's when she is not off on yet another holiday. Then she leaves on a huge pensions to great applause at how she completely changed everythings with 24/7 Scott Mills.

What this doesn't mean is that my starting points is I'm anti Scott Mills but what it does means is that by the time the two of them have finisheds then I probably will have moved, yes, to the ideas that he should be locked in a tower forever more, gagged, and preferably with the key thrown into the sea.

Well thank God someone has finally had the guts to say what we're basically all thinking